Assistant Product Manager - Instant Games
About Camelot Illinois:
Camelot Illinois has been awarded the contract as the new private manager of the Illinois Lottery. In partnership with the state, Camelot will operate a modern lottery that truly benefits the people of Illinois.
Camelot's innovative approach places consumers and social responsibility at its core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. Camelot is committed to building an organization with the strength and experience to grow the lottery and reinforce its rightful position as a force for good.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Global, a leading technology and professional services provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Global’s portfolio of work includes the Irish National Lottery, Loterie Romande (Switzerland), the California State Lottery, the Kentucky Lottery and the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery, among others.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
The Marketing function will reinvigorate the Illinois Lottery brand through innovative insight led programs such as enhanced games, effective social messaging and original advertising campaigns.
Within Camelot Illinois, the Assistant Product Manager - Instant Games is responsible for supporting delivery of the product range strategy and launching high quality products into market to satisfy and grow consumer demand.
- Support the delivery of a rolling instant ticket game plan by assisting with the delivery of an end-to-end game development and production process to launch high quality, innovative products to market.
- Keep up to date with global lottery industry product innovations.
- Work with the insights team and instant ticket vendor to support the game development research program in line with product strategy and game production timelines.
- Integral to game concept development and management of games through the research process including coordinating and contributing to brainstorming, setting up focus groups, initiating and preparing quantitative research and data management throughout the innovation process.
- Brief third parties/internal departments to develop new games to execution in line with game development requirements.
- Liaison with internal departments to gain approval for the production and execution of new game concepts.
- Partner with the instant ticket vendor to organize and optimize stock inventory levels at retail.
- Generate basic analysis to assess the performance of games and produce recommendations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or equivalent experience.
- 3 plus years of relevant product management experience.
- Demonstrable experience of new product development.
- Previous experience with third party supplier management.
- Prior experience working for a Consumer Packaged Goods - CPG company.
- Experience briefing research requirements to deliver actionable results.
- Ability to deliver clear, concise and relevant verbal and written communications to a broad range of stakeholder groups.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong relationship management skills, comfortable with talking to a range of stakeholders.
- Experience working within the Microsoft Suites and/or Google Suite technologies.
WHY WORK FOR US
Camelot Illinois is building a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology and operations. The Camelot values of being honest, creating together, keeping it simple and thinking long term are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Be Honest: We do what we say, we keep our promises and we don’t rest until we’ve earned each other’s respect
- Create Together: The most effective solutions come from strong collaboration, a culture of innovation, shared goals and respect for everyone’s expertise.
- Keep It Simple: We keep things simple, direct and transparent so customers in particular always know where they stand.
- Think Long Term: We work with customers to build successful lotteries for the next generation, not just the next day.
We want people who thrive in a relaxed, autonomous, results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling career in an organization committed to growing its own future leaders. Career Development is a top priority and we will partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We will bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We will also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture which is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We aim to offer a package of benefits and policies which will compete with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles in their job.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and will support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.