Associate Product Manager, Commercial Fitness Consoles at Life Fitness
An empty treadmill isn’t compelling, but once someone steps on it, the stories are limitless. Our goal is to connect people emotionally to their fitness journey. We are a global team coming from different cultures and backgrounds with a shared passion to achieve and live our mission of inspiring healthier lives.
Inspire. Innovate. Make an impact and join our team!
In this high-impact and visibility role, you will manage the console hardware initiatives, roadmap and priorities. This role is market-facing and success will require a deep understanding of the market landscape, a strong focus on leveraging market research to validate product direction, and collaboration to execute on product definition. Working as an integral part of a cross-functional team working closely with other product management colleagues, engineers, and our UX/UI team.
As an Associate Product Manager for Commercial Fitness Consoles at Life Fitness, you will:
- Define the 3-year market facing console software vision and roadmap
- Drive planning and roadmap refinement sessions with business and engineering teams
- For individual projects, work collaboratively with product managers to link positioning to hardware and software feature set
- Facilitate customer-based market research to validate requirements
- Collaborate with user experience team on software requirements and general experience expectations per market research
- Collaborate with engineering team to manage and prioritize requests and enhancements
- Regularly communicate with global marketing teams on roadmap
- For specific projects, provide global marketing teams product strategy information to properly launch to the market including competitive analysis, research/insights, positioning, target markets, and feature/benefit details
- Work with sales enablement and marketing to effectively train the sales force on console technologies
- Work with service support teams on training, documentation and troubleshooting procedures
- Work with software team to manage major software bugs or failures, act as lead for organizing and driving corrective action, and communication to the service, sales, customer and internal stakeholders
- Work with key customer accounts on console hardware related requests
- Monitor and report major trends and updates in digital fitness
- Monitor and report out on console analytics to drive insights for new feature development
- Present report outs and gate review materials to executive leadership
- Additional roles and responsibilities as assigned
What we’re looking for in our next Associate Product Manager:
- 2+ years’ traditional full-life-cycle product management experience
- Strong preference for prior experience working with technology-related or connected products
- Bachelor’s degree required, engineering undergrad degree or equivalent experience working with embedded hardware strongly preferred
- Familiarity with agile methodologies and design sprints
- Proven experience developing and defining product roadmaps, writing user stories, and leading cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Exceptional communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation) with an ability to build relationships and generate buy-in
- Willingness to travel up to 5% of the time, including international travel.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
Want to take the next step in your career?
Life Fitness takes pride in our talented employees and believe in providing opportunities for further growth and advancement. We encourage you to test your strengths, push your limits and unleash your potential.
If you feel the open position you see is right for you, we invite you to apply.
Learn more about us here.
Life Fitness does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law - click here for more information