Associate Product Manager, Durables at Pampered Chef
Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of this mission critical role is to execute our product strategy and support seasonal launches for our Durables category to deliver on Pampered Chef’s overarching brand proposition. This Associate Product Manager will work cross functionally with key stakeholders – Product Development, Marketing, Supply Chain and the Field team to accomplish their category objectives. The goal is to drive profitable growth globally through creative and innovative approaches to differentiating and curating our solutions (products, recipes, food offerings and experiences) that align to our value proposition and evolving consumer trends around health, convenience and entertaining.
- Execution of our product strategy and roadmaps to support seasonal launches. This means supporting the product managers in helping support Go to Market Activities in partnership with the field, brand, marcom, engineering and supply chain.
- Executes the integrated product/solutions strategy for specific categories within our durables product portfolio including the roadmap and execution, concept portfolio and associated financial performance. Ensures that our target customer, field, brand, value proposition and relevant trends are incorporated into all aspects of the solutions development process.
- Develops Key inputs into the strategic roadmap that focuses the development organization, ensuring the appropriate balance of current category evolution, innovation and everyday solutions to provide a holistic launch plan, portfolio strategy and lifecycle management
- Owns the P&L for specific components of the solutions portfolio and responsible for meeting KPI targets including gross profit, new product sales, brand perception, and product reviews
- Accountable for the new product development / market launch process and post-launch performance within specific categories. Includes ensuring alignment of cross-functional stakeholders and driving the stage gate reviews for the respective categories.
- Responsible for maximizing revenue and profitability of specific categories, through effective product lifecycle management strategies across key stages of introduction, growth, maturity and decline
- Provides guidance to the product development team to comprehensively understand the categories PC competes in, inclusive of competitive frameworks, macro to micro trends, channel evolution and technology overlays as a key input to the PC development strategy
- Ensures the solutions team has the innovation pipeline to support the strategic roadmap and business goals
Competencies for Success:
- Strategic Mindset
- Business Insights
- Manages Complexity
- Cultivates Innovation
Measures of Success:
- Gross Profit per Consultant
- Operating Income Performance
- New Product Performance (vs. Target)
- New Product Vitality
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 3-5 years’ experience in product marketing/management, ideally including a prior rotation through a commercial or technical/product dev role
- Experience within high velocity, global, consumer product categories