Jellyvision is hiring an Associate Product Manager, Health Savings Accounts
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MN, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT, WA, or WI.
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX, a platform that saves employees and their employers money by making tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—less confusing and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need an experienced Associate Product Manager to help us continue on our journey.
How you’ll help
The Health Savings Account team is responsible for creating both market and Jellyvision value by identifying, evaluating, and solving problems pertinent to how HSAs and other tax advantaged accounts can help employees save money and make better financial decisions.
Associate Product Managers help translate identified business needs into granular, prioritized requirements for the development team. You’ll partner with others within the Product and Development teams to effectively build and support products and features aligned with the product vision and business needs.
What you’ll do
- Interview stakeholders to gather requirements from multiple internal and external sources.
- Translate business needs into clear, concise, complete, specific, and unambiguous requirements including, whenever possible, all user types/paths for each feature.
- Document requirements throughout a feature's development cycle to ensure clarity and expectation among Product and Development teams, especially for interdependent features that require multiple teams.
- Ensure accessibility and analytics requirements have been considered and vetted.
- Support members of the Program Management team (Program Managers, Project Managers, and/or Scrum masters) with the right information so they can manage dependencies of features, teams, and tools.
- Create product documentation and release notes.
- Provide regular updates to stakeholders and other members of the Product team regarding feature development, A/B testing, and major defects.
- Manage and groom the product backlog, and manage day-to-day ticket priority within the backlog in line with guidance from Product leaders.
- Ensure adequate volume of tickets in your team’s backlogs are fleshed out with enough detail to keep development teams productive.
- Contribute to the prioritization of those opportunities with internal stakeholders to build and maintain quarterly and annual product roadmaps.
- Serve as the “Product Owner” in the agile development process.
- Conduct user acceptance testing and provide feedback to engineers when development needs to be updated to meet requirements.
Experience & skills you’ll need
- 2+ years of experience in a business analyst, product owner, product management, project management, engineering, or other software development role.
- Strong communication skills: Able to explain concepts and priority to development teams, creative teams, and peers.
- Technical translation acumen. (You don’t have to be an engineer, but you have to be able to talk with engineers.)
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- A customer- and user-centric mindset. You will regularly interface with Operations staff to directly impact customers’ deliveries and experiences.
- Experience with Health Savings Accounts and other consumer directed benefits is a plus.
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Communicates Effectively
- Plans and Aligns
- Manages Complexity
- Nimble Learning
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!