Our Value Proposition:
Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
What is the Associate Product Manager (Insurance Tech)?
We are looking for an Associate Product Manager to help build a world-class insurance product. We need someone who can demonstrate an understanding of product management fundamentals, synthesizes the different viewpoints from all stakeholders to arrive at a clear decision, and has practical knowledge in writing User Stories that drive value for the user. You will work directly with the Sr. Product Manager on the team and other functional stakeholders to understand user and business problems, come up with creative product solutions to solve them, and then work with engineering to execute on the roadmap. We are looking for a natural problem solver who puts the user front and center, can work amidst ambiguity, and be willing (and able) to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
This is an excellent opportunity if you are a relatively new entrant in the Product Management field and want to brush up your skills and work at the intersection of claims, technology, underwriting, servicing and customer experiences to build world-class insurance products. What you oversee will change as our needs change. We promise this is the most fun you’ll have in your career and also the hardest thing you’ll do.
What will you do?
- You will work with the Sr. Product Manager on the team to carry out tasks that support product initiatives that are more or less defined.
- You will collaborate with other members of the product team, as well as design and engineering to elicit and document business and functional requirements.
- You will transform business and functional requirements into detailed User Stories with clearly defined acceptance criteria that help engineering bring product features to life while prioritizing user goals.
- You will build user workflows and articulate business logic to technical and non-technical team members with the goal of decomposing high-level requirements into details to facilitate a general understanding of user requirements.
- You are a thorough UAT tester, validating user stories throughout the entire technology stack.
- You exhibit natural empathy for the user - you think like a customer and always put them first.
- You will report directly to the Sr. Product Manager on the team.
What are our must haves?
- Experience working as a product manager or equivalent role in an agile environment with focus on B2C and/or B2B products.
- Experience of writing user stories and acceptance criteria, preferably in the form of BDD scenarios that drive value for the user.
- You can interpret information retrieved from analytics/instrumentation to inform and guide decisions.
- You are organized and have high levels of curiosity. You have an obsessive attention to detail even when having to juggle multiple projects at a time.
- You’re able to communicate effectively, both internally and externally, and can navigate complex relationships to get the job done.
- Previous or current insurance experience
What are our nice-to-haves?
- Experience working to develop and enhance mobile apps and related infrastructure.
- Bachelor candidates are preferred, but not necessary.
- Startup experience is preferred, but not necessary.
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.