Associate Product Manager, Investor Experience Capabilities
The Group: Backed by Morningstar's independent research, methodologies, high-quality data, behavioral science and innovative product design, our Financial Planning capabilities team builds modern software that helps individuals and their advisors create, invest for, and achieve financial goals.
The Planning team's Investor Experience squad specifically is focused on the investor/client-facing experiences that enable individuals by themselves or in collaboration with their advisors to make informed trade-offs, build an understandable goal savings and investment plan, and stick with it to achieve positive outcomes.
The Role: We are seeking an Associate Product Manager to join our Investor Experience squad in the role of Product Owner. This requires close collaboration with a cross-functional software-development team--including UX and UI designers, user researchers and engineers--as well as other Planning product owners, methodology and behavioral researchers, and additional product, technology, sales and marketing stakeholders.
Specifically, you will be responsible for learning about advisor and advice-seeker (client) needs, pain points, and opportunities, as well as deeply understanding Morningstar data, research, and planning capabilities. You will in turn manage the Investor Experience product-development backlog by scoping, writing and prioritizing Agile-development stories to deliver differentiated software on time. You and the squad will set KPIs for that software, and will be responsible for iterating to continually improve uptake, usage, performance, satisfaction, and investor outcomes.
This position reports to the director of product management for Financial Planning and is based out of our headquarters in Chicago.
- Get to know advisors' needs and pain points related to client education, onboarding, communication/collaboration, and behavioral coaching. Identify opportunities to improve that Morningstar is uniquely positioned to deliver.
- Manage roadmap and own product backlog for client/investor-facing digital experiences.
- Gather requirements, write stories, and manage scope, priority and overall delivery of enhancements, incremental features and new functionalities.
- Work closely with designers and developers to ensure that new functionality is delivered on time and to specification, and iterating based on user feedback and analytics.
- Minimum of bachelor's degree is required
- At least 1 year of experience as a business analyst or product owner
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, specifically Agile
- Ability to motivate and collaborative with a cross-functional team
- Ability to think strategically when it comes to understanding client requirements, problem solving, and project management
- Experience with investment planning software or subject matter a big plus
- Strong written and verbal English-language skills
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.