Associate Product Manager at Screencastify
About the role
We built the simplest and most reliable screen recorder in the world, but that’s only the beginning. Our near future is full of ambitious goals, features, and products that will enable us to further improve how we provide service to our users and accelerate our already fast growth.
We prioritize fast iteration without compromising quality while maintaining an attention to detail that creates the kind of delightful interactions we’re known for. We’re looking for a curious, ambitious, and empathetic Associate Product Manager to help us shape the future of our products.Why is this role special?
- Create features that will advance education. Schools and districts around the world depend on Screencastify to digitize their curriculum and communication. The need for and benefit of video-based learning has never been more clear that it is now.
- Have a massive impact. As a dedicated Product Manager for one of our products you will be instrumental in shaping every feature that we release as part of that product — every one of which will be seen and used by millions of people.
- Work with an extremely talented team. A team of less than 5 built a product used by millions of people. We've achieved more than teams 10x our size by solving problems that matter and putting product quality above all else.
- Work for our users. Above all else, you will be an advocate for our massive user base. Your work will ensure that our products deliver incredible value to the millions of users who depend on them.
- Join us at a magical time. We're profitable and support tens of millions of users with a small team, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You'll join at the perfect time to shape how we grow from here.
What you'll do
You will own the day-to-day prioritization of work, short term roadmap, and successful delivery of high quality updates for one of Screencastify's three products. This includes:
- Strategize and work closely with leadership to set the roadmap for the product
- Analyze and monitor data sources to understand product health and opportunities for improvement
- Become an expert on the product's market and user base
- Coordinate with multiple teams and stakeholders to prioritize new features and set specific timelines
- Steward features through the design/development process from early planning to successful releases
- Have previous work experience managing a product including strategic decision making about what and when to build a feature
- Have previous work experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Have familiarity with project management tools, methodologies (especially agile development), and best practices
- Have a growth mindset and view setbacks as learning opportunities, not failures
- Can put yourself in others’ shoes and see situations from perspectives other than your own
- Love the challenges, hours, and ups-and-downs of startup life
- [Bonus] Have prior K-12 classroom experience and/or prior edtech experience
- [Bonus] Are able to understand and speak about how software products work technically
- Competitive compensation. We take a data-driven approach to our compensation strategy so all employees are paid competitively and equitably.
- 401k plan. We want to invest in present you and future you, which is why we offer a generous 401k match with our 401k plan.
- Minimum vacation policy. We recognize the importance of taking personal time off, and require our employees to take at least 15 vacation days per year. You’re also encouraged to take additional paid time off, as needed.
- Flexible work policy. Gone are the days of being in an office from 9-5, Monday through Friday. We recognize there are better ways to measure productivity than counting the number of hours you’re in the office and that sometimes the office isn’t the best place to be productive.
- Parental leave. Generous paid time off for parents to bond with the newest addition to their family!
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance. We cover 100% of employee medical premiums and 50% of employee dental & vision premiums. Plus, all employees receive a free One Medical membership.
- Professional development. Each department has a professional development budget and employees are encouraged to take workshops, attend webinars, join associations, and anything else that could help grow their careers. Did we also mention employees get free access to Udemy for Business?
- Divvy bike membership. If you’re in Chicago, take advantage of an annual Divvy membership -- on us.