Associate Product Manager at Jellyvision
Jellyvision is hiring a Associate Product Manager, Choosing Benefits
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, MI, MN, NY, OR, TX, or WI.
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that makes tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—easier and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need a talented Associate Product Manager to help us.
How you'll help
The Choosing Benefits team is responsible for creating both market and Jellyvision value by identifying, evaluating, and solving problems pertinent to the moments in which employees are making decisions about enrolling in their benefits.
Associate Product Managers help translate identified business needs into granular, prioritized requirements for the development team. You’ll partner with others within the Product and Development teams to effectively build and support products and features aligned with the product vision and business needs.
What you'll do
- Translate business needs into clear, concise, complete, specific, and unambiguous requirements including, whenever possible, all user types/paths for each feature.
- Document requirements throughout a feature's development cycle to ensure clarity and expectation among Product and Development teams, especially for interdependent features that require multiple teams.
- Ensure accessibility and analytics requirements have been considered and vetted.
- Support members of the Program Management team (Program Managers, Project Managers, and/or Scrummasters) with the right information so they can manage dependencies of features, teams, and tools.
- Review and assist with the creation of product documentation and release notes.
- Provide regular updates to stakeholders and other members of the Product team regarding feature development, A/B testing, and major defects.
- Manage and groom the product backlog, and manage day-to-day ticket priority within the backlog in line with guidance from Product leaders.
- Ensure adequate volume of tickets in your team’s backlogs are fleshed out with enough detail to keep development teams productive.
- Contribute to the prioritization of those opportunities with internal stakeholders to build and maintain quarterly and annual product roadmaps.
Experience & skills you'll need
- 2+ years of experience in a business analyst, project management, engineering, or other software development role.
- Strong communication skills: able to explain concepts and priority to development teams, creative teams, and peers.
- Technical translation acumen: you don’t have to be an engineer, but you have to be able to talk with engineers. Engineers/developers seeking a focus shift are particularly welcome to apply.
- A customer- and user-centric mindset. You will regularly interface with Operations staff to directly impact customers’ deliveries and experiences.
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Communicates Effectively
- Plans and Aligns
- Manages Ambiguity
- Nimble learning
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!