Associate Product Manager at CarrierDirect
Who We Are:
We are on a mission to modernize the Logistics industry. We partner with our clients who are leading the industry beyond disruption. We bring transformational business strategies and digital products to our clients that make the world more efficient, connected and viable. We are inspired by people who are passionate, curious and want to innovate.
What You’ll Do:
The Associate Product Manager will drive product execution while working in close partnership with a Sr. Product Manager. They will be responsible for documenting requirements, prioritizing the product backlog with the client and Sr. PM’s input, testing the product, accepting stories as complete and partnering with the Engineering Manager to deliver on the engagement.
- Product Execution
- Owning and maintaining the product backlog and documenting delivery risks.
- Define, document, and articulate detailed product and business requirements for new products and major enhancements, including but not limited to: functional, non-functional, and reporting requirements and use cases in the form of product requirements, flow charts, user stories, and acceptance criteria.
- Developing domain expertise, both within the client's unique business and the product category (i.e. marketplace vs TMS).
- Striving to reduce waste, whether that be in the product, the SDLC, or both
- Evangelize products and product features throughout the development lifecycle
- Leading backlog grooming, sprint planning, and sprint reviews.
- Facilitate conversations around trade-off decisions between functionality, resources, and schedules with Product leadership, and communicate to stakeholders effectively.
- Support senior members of the product team with the implementation of requirements for larger initiatives and features.
- Up: Communicating project status, risks & impediments, and feedback up to the Sr. Product Manager and internal stakeholders.
- Across: Communicating with peers and other functional groups across the organization, including consulting, customer service, engineering, and sales.
- Making sure that the Engineering Team is communicating internally the right amount to maintain velocity and development priorities.
- Being the consummate professional that actively listens to clients and users, providing advice and guidance when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business/Marketing, or a technical field preferred.
- 0-1 year of relevant product management experience in the mobile, internet or software business, ideally with a focus on Transportation, Logistics and/or Supply Chain
- Basic knowledge and familiarity with SCRUM, Kanban, and/or other agile development methodologies
- Familiarity with key product management functions, including writing requirements/user stories, creating mocks/wireframes/prototypes, market research, and performance metrics reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to define, implement, and analyze metrics for initiatives to drive results.
- Proven people skills and ability to write clearly, objectively, succinctly, and persuasively.
Why Work Here:
Our values are go the extra mile, do the right thing, speak your truth, stay hungry and curious, and be cool, no ego. We work in an open environment where feedback is welcomed and encouraged and we are continuously seeking out how we can be better as individuals, as a team, and as a company. As a growing company, we encourage people that want to have a visible impact in how we build, operate, and perform to apply and join us!