Business Analyst (Workplace Solutions) at Morningstar
Own product development lifecycle for advisor managed accounts solutions and implementations (10%). Work with a cross-functional development squad to execute product roadmap (10%). Coordinate with internal stakeholders globally including dependent teams in Design, Research, Operations, and Technology (10%). Work with the Senior Product Manager on product strategy and roadmap (10%). Define product requirements and roadmaps using input from market partners and various sources including analytics, market trends, technology innovations, design, industry standards, bold intelligence, and customer feedback (10%). Understand and anticipate the customers and the business needs (5%). Write clear specifications, collaborate with our engineers and designers to launch changes, measure business outcomes, and iterate quickly (5%). Work with engineering and business stakeholders to groom and prioritize the backlog of user stories through the release and sprint cycles (10%). Develop business analysis artifacts, such as business rules or process flows to clarify requirements (5%). Coordinate with other departments in advance of feature and product launches to develop messaging to evangelize new releases, features, or updates (5%). Conduct product training and demos, both internal and externally (5%). Understand and communicate the product methodology in a clear and concise manner to internal and external stakeholders (5%). Be responsible for defining requirements and recommending solutions in the form of epics, user stories and acceptance criteria (5%). Perform validation testing of production releases, bug fixes, and feature requests (5%). Domestic travel, 2 weeks per year (less than 5%).
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Finance, Mathematics, or related field
· 3 years of related experience as a product owner or product manager.
· Experience with leading technical projects through full life cycle from definition to post-launch.
· Experience with translation of product concepts and ideas into functional requirements.
· Experience with WFE and APC methodologies and implementations.
· Experience with domain knowledge in financial/investment data, analytics, and workplace communication.
· Experience writing SQL queries.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
002_MIMLLC Morningstar Investment Management LLC Legal Entity