Category Analyst, Raw Materials at RXBAR
About us: RX is a clean-label snack brand with products made from a few simple ingredients and no BS.
RX simplifies food by creating snacks that are real and delicious. It's honest and straightforward—no overblown claims, certifications, or gimmicks. With products including RXBAR, RXBAR Kids, and RX Nut Butter, RX makes food that not only tastes good, but is wholesome and nutritious too.
The Category Analyst will support the development and execution of raw material category strategies to optimize value for the organization. The Category Analyst will support continuous supplier improvement and relationships with key category suppliers and business stakeholders. Additionally, the Category Analyst will work on cross-functional projects, drive operational efficiencies and generate value creation across the organization.
General Functions + Job Responsibilities:
- Support the end-to-end management of raw material categories, including the category sourcing plans, spend analytics, supplier evaluations & performance management, program management, market research, and various other strategic initiatives
- Provide commodity and industry knowledge to key stakeholders on market trends, suppliers, and raw material specifications
- Provide analytical support for negotiations and pricing agreements in alignment with category strategy
- Support supplier relationship management (including supplier performance and risk management) with RXBAR strategic partners; manage supplier scorecards on a continuous basis
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Quality, Research & Innovation, Finance, Customer Service and Logistics to ensure all stakeholder requirements are captured and considered in category strategies and downstream planning & execution
- Reduce risk by working with Quality and Research & Innovation teams to qualify new suppliers and materials
- Support sourcing and RFP initiatives for raw materials
- Partner closely with the Quality team and apply knowledge of regulatory & food safety guidelines as they relate to each raw material requirement
- Act as liaison with suppliers to deliver operational efficiencies and cost reductions
Skills and Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, or a related field
- 3+ years of supply chain experience, particularly in purchasing, sourcing, operations, and contract negotiation
- Strong analytical, business process and problem-solving capabilities
- Understanding of category management
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment
- Experience in consumer products and food manufacturing preferred
Perks & Benefits: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with Company match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited products (for real), RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.