Compliance Senior Manager, Consumer Products at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Affirm’s Compliance team implements a program that enables Affirm to proactively meet regulatory requirements while also identifying issues that may arise. Compliance program activities include advisory, training, independent testing & monitoring, reporting, and oversight. As the second line of defense, Compliance proactively partners with the business to support new products, markets, and initiatives.
Affirm is seeking a Compliance Senior Manager to support critical initiatives and product development. In growing the company’s markets and products, Compliance plays a fundamental role by providing subject matter expertise related to regulatory requirements. In this capacity, the Senior Manager will report to the Compliance Director, Marketing & Product Advisory and will work cross-functionally with other teams.What you'll do
- Work closely with internal partners (Legal, Product, Engineering) to support the development of new products.
- Assess compliance risk and provide recommendations and solutions for enabling product launch.
- Support the Compliance program in maintaining relevant policies, risk assessments, training materials, and other related items.
- Build relationships with critical business and functional partners, including Bank partners.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of professional work experience in Compliance Risk, Audit, or Bank Regulatory.
- Excellent organizational and relationship management skills.
- A strong interest in fintech and consumer finance.
- Experience working with consumer financial regulations, including Reg. B (ECOA), UDAAP, CAN-SPAM, FCRA, Reg. E, Reg. P, and Reg. Z.
- Inquisitive and proactive in proposing creative and effective solutions.
- Strong project management, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly present complex and critical issues.
Location - Remote U.S.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.