Data Product Owner, Retirement and Workplace Solutions at Morningstar
The Retirement and Workplace Solutions team is looking for a Data Product Manager to work on our Retirement Manager application. Our Product Managers are a lynchpin in the organization – working with many parts of the business to ensure our products are top-notch and meet customer needs. Product Managers act as both product experts and strategists to translate market trends, customer needs, competitive intelligence, and Morningstar intellectual property into innovative deliverables that solve customer problems and evangelize those innovations internally and externally. This position is based in our Chicago office.
• Owns product development lifecycle for our Retirement Manager Data Team.
• Works with a cross-functional development squad to execute product roadmap.
• Coordinates with internal stakeholders globally including dependent teams in Design, Research, Operations, and Technology. Works with the Senior Product Manager on product strategy and roadmap.
• Develops business requirements for implementation, prioritizes conflicting work, and works within an agile software development framework.
• Articulates and evangelizes the strength, quality, and value of the product, acting as a subject matter expert where necessary.
• Develops and tracks KPIs / measurements of product success (e.g. business success, customer satisfaction, quality, time to market, etc.).
• Proven ability to deliver on commitments. You do whatever it takes to deliver.
• Maintains a prioritized backlog that aligns with available Engineering capacity and maps to an overall solution roadmap.
• Performs validation testing of production releases, bug fixes, and feature requests.
• Minimum of 3 years of progressive end-to-end product management experience with strong knowledge and working experience in agile methodology.
• Innovative and creative problem solver with strong analytical and technical skills.
• Demonstrated domain knowledge in financial/investment data, analytics, and workplace communication.
• Experience with data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Adept at SQL queries, report writing and presenting findings.
• Bachelor's degree is required.