Digital Experience Manager, Corporate at Morningstar
The Group: Morningstar’s mission is to empower investor success. We strive to illuminate investing in support of this mission, so we can reach, inspire, and enable current and aspiring investors. Our Marketing and Communications team plays an important part in achieving this goal. We are looking for a Web Experience Manager to join the Digital Marketing team to partner with a cross-functional team to develop engaging user experiences, while understanding, improving and tracking the goals of our web-based marketing.
The Role: In this role, you’ll be responsible for the corporate marketing experience and work with business stakeholders, creative and engineering partners to create compelling, effective, and innovative online experiences that result in impactful experiences for our visitors. You will manage the discovery, analysis, and documentation of requirements for complex, global digital projects. You will be responsible for creating the long-term roadmap for the corporate marketing experiences acting as the product owner within an agile squad.
- Translate business strategies into product strategies, roadmaps, and product specifications that deliver customer benefits, meet financial goals, and ensure that systems and processes are setup to scale for explosive growth.
- Partner with key stakeholders to define requirements, drive adoption, lead user acceptance testing, and address business and system issues.
- Ability to lead, drive consensus and deliver in a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders.
- Build and execute larger project roadmaps while supporting the optimization of existing web experiences to drive more sessions and improve engagement.
- Play the role of product owner—collecting, defining, and translating requirements from stakeholder into user stories our developers can implement.
- Partner with internal UX, Brand, and Creative teams to ensure a consistent brand experience across all customer/prospect engagement points.
- Understand information architecture and SEO standards, while possessing a strong understanding of the intersection of design and technology.
- Ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly and understand how to drive a high level of focus.
- Metrics driven, can draw insights from large data sets to iterate the product quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Experience delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment with a demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements.
- Able to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Optimize and manage relationship with Adobe including reviewing and disseminating information from Adobe to the rest of the marketing organization on best practices, new features, and roadmap for the tools.
- Lead training and documentation efforts to enable more marketers to use our content management systems.
- Maintain and optimize processes for new page creation and page updates.
- Partner with digital strategists to create and optimize end-to-end customer experiences.
- Three-five years in product management and/or website strategy, design, and development
- Understanding of web analytics, SEO, and content management
- Experience working within a content management system. Technologies available are Adobe Experience Manager and ContentStack.
- Confident self-starter with analytical and strategic capabilities, plus a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and creatively
- A deep understanding of web standards and optimization
- Experience with Google Analytics and/or other web analytics tools
- Strong understanding of the balance between data-driven and design thinking
- Working knowledge of front-end and back-end web development and the design limitations and capabilities of both
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience working within an Agile development process
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.