DIGITAL PRODUCT MANAGER at Caterpillar
The Digital Product Manager works as a member of Product Management Team to help maximize the value of the product and defines the work for multiple Scrum Development Teams. The Product Manager collaborates with Product Owners, System Engineering, Data and Analytics Architects & Platform Architects to own and progressively elaborate functional and non-functional Epics, Features and Stories for the Development Teams to deliver.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
The Product Manager’s primary task is to create and manage the Product Roadmap and Backlog and to ensure everyone knows the priorities of the Product. The Product Manager is empowered to make all decisions regarding the Product Backlog.
- Responsible for maximizing the value of the product and the work of the Development Team
- Responsible for acting as Product Manager for larger, more complex projects with high value to the organization
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and prioritizing the Product Backlog according to business value for the life of the project
- Communicate Product Backlog priorities to the team
- Act as the key decision-maker regarding what features the product will have
- Responsible for product vision and conveying that vision to the team
- Owns definition of acceptance criteria for product features
- Work closely with key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Responsible for making decisions on release dates and content
- Represent the customer, interfacing and engaging with the customer
- Communicates releases to stakeholder and customers
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Four year Bachelor’s degree preferably in computer science, information systems, marketing, communications, engineering or related field
- 3+ years or more of experience as a product manager
- 8+ years of experience leading a technical team while simultaneously managing multiple projects
- 3+ years of experience with the Agile methodology
- Demonstrated ability to communicate appropriately to ensure a team’s success
Top candidates will also have:
- MBA is a plus
- Domain expertise in business applications
- Strong accountability planning/organization, and teamwork
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to deal with sensitive, emotional or potentially controversial situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with onshore/offshore team model
- Product Owner certification (CSPO from Scrum Alliance)
- Knowledge of SDLC and demonstrated experience employing SDLC in aspects of the project management process
- Experience managing projects using Agile software tools such as, VSTS, JIRA, Team Services, Rally, Aha
- Demonstrated ability to empower teams
- Strong accountability, teamwork, and interpersonal skills, and communication skills
Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.