DIGITAL PRODUCT OWNER, CAT DIGITAL at Caterpillar
The Digital Product Owner works as a member of our Scrum Team for our Enterprise Search application within the Digital Marketing division to help maximize the value of the product and the work of the Scrum Development Team.
Job Related Statistics
- Responsible for small projects, with moderate complexity, of less value to the organization.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
The Product Owner works intimately with the Scrum Master and the Development Team with the primary task of creating and managing the Product Backlog and to ensure everyone knows the priorities.
- Responsible for maximizing the value of the product and the work of the Development Team
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and prioritizing the Product Backlog according to business value for the life of the project
- Communicate Product Backlog priorities to the team
- Act as the key decision-maker regarding what features the product will have
- Responsible for the vision of what is to be built, and conveying that vision to the team
- Assists with the elaboration of epics, themes and features into user stories that are small enough, or granular enough, to be achieved in a single sprint
- Responsible for conveying the vision and goals at the beginning of every sprint
- Work closely with key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Responsible for making decisions on release dates and content
- Represent the customer, interfacing and engaging with the customer
- Participate in Daily Scrum as needed
- Participate in Sprint Planning meetings, Reveals and Retrospectives
- Inspect the product progress at the end of every Sprint and accept or reject the work that has been done by the Development Team
- Act as the voice of the team, communicating status externally
- Be a good role model of Scrum values; understand the framework and the roles of each team member
- Be a champion for the agile community and help to further the community within the organization
Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree preferably in computer science, information systems, marketing, communications, engineering or related field
- 3+ years’ experience working as a product owner
- 3+ years of experience leading a technical team while simultaneously managing multiple projects
- 3+ years of experience with the Agile methodology
Top candidates will also possess these Qualifications
- Experience with Enterprise Search or Lucidworks
- Experience managing projects using Agile software tools such as Mingle, VSTS, JIRA, Team Services, Rally
- Product Owner certification (CSPO from Scrum Alliance)
- Experience working with onshore/offshore team model
- Demonstrated ability to empower teams to ensure success
- Strong accountability, teamwork, and interpersonal skills, and communication skills to deal with sensitive, emotional or potentially controversial situations.
- Knowledge of SDLC and demonstrated experience employing SDLC in aspects of the project management process
- Background in Information Technology
- Good knowledge of Caterpillar policies, standards, procedures, and a broad understanding of Caterpillar’s organization
- The preferred location is Peoria, IL, Chicago, IL or Dallas, TX, but Remote Work within the United States is available for the right candidate.
- Up to 10% travel as needed when we return to the office
- “IL – Country of United States” is used for posting reasons only. This position is open to remote work.
Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .