The Investment Management group is a global team guided by Morningstar’s investment principles focused on delivering great long-term investment results to help end-investors reach their financial goals. Morningstar® Managed PortfoliosSM, our complete wealth management platform serving financial advisors, offers a broad lineup of strategies built with stocks, mutual funds, and ETFs to help meet an investor’s needs at each stage of their lifetime.
Product Managers design, develop, and manage activities for a specific product from conceptualization, definition, and planning through implementation, release, enhancement and eventual sun-setting – the product lifecycle. Product Managers act as both product experts and strategists to translate market trends, customer needs, competitive intelligence, and Morningstar intellectual property into innovative deliverables that solve customer problems and evangelize those innovations internally and externally.
Morningstar is looking for a talented Senior Product Manager to lead the development of our Morningstar Managed Portfolios (MMP) platform. As a Senior Product Manager, you will lead a cross-functional team of designers, developers, and quality assurance analysts to execute on a portfolio of complex projects related to designing the next generation Managed Portfolios platform. This position reports into the Director of Product Management and is located in our Chicago office.
• Own the tactical roadmap, requirements, and product development lifecycle for a squad dedicated to architecting and implementing a new and improved Managed Portfolio platform
• Champion Managed Portfolios platform integration with 3rd parties and other Morningstar products and capabilities, working closely with development teams across the Products and Data teams
• Develop high-quality user stories, business requirements, story estimations and acceptance criteria for use by developers and quality assurance analysts
• Work within an Agile software development framework and scrum team setting including UX designers, developers and QA
• Develop business requirements refined and validated with customers and stakeholders, prioritize the backlog queue across multiple projects and workstreams, and work within an Agile software development framework
• Understand both business and technology requirements, serving as a conduit between stakeholders, sales, service, marketing, compliance, design, operations and technology teams
• Breakdown and analyze complex workflows and systems, identify inefficiencies/areas for improvement, and define solutions to improve the client experience
• Track Key Performance Indicators and measurements of product success as it relates to deploying platform improvements
• Conduct user testing activities to help vet and develop new functionality and user experiences
• Experience with financial advisor tools, managed account platforms, asset management operations, proposal generation, account opening, portfolio accounting, performance reporting and trading is strongly preferred.
• A bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, computer science or related field is required; a graduate degree is a plus.
• A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in product management, business analysis or client solution roles
• Knowledge and experience with agile development, and good technical acumen required
• Excellent oral and written communication, planning, and analytical skills
• Self-directed and detail-oriented
• A passion for building software; ability to motivate and grow a collaborative, cross-functional team with a track record for quality and on-time deliveries
• Must be willing to occasionally connect with global colleagues at off-hours
• Experience with Morningstar products, services and data preferred
Morningstar is an equal opportunity provider.
Please include a cover letter with your resume and application.
Read Full Job Description