Purpose of the Role:
Pampered Chef seeks a strategic, visionary, and business-minded leader who thrives on providing an excellent product experience to the users of our ecommerce, and SaaS platforms. This leader will have a strong track record of leading Agile product owners in analyzing features/functions, identifying high-value opportunities, and delivering metrics-driven results. This position will influence, drive, and have exposure to a wide range of frontend user experiences as well as backend system technologies and integrations. It will oversee developing ongoing strategies and roadmaps to drive business results across various channels.
- Partner closely with the CTO and CMO on strategic planning, prioritization, and execution.
- Leads the product technology team and owns the product roadmaps for ecommerce, and SaaS platforms.
- Owns and runs product council to define thematic priorities and roadmap decision making.
- Understands how business metrics link to product usage and can show clear ROI on feature investments.
- Works with Engineering to balance feature delivery with other initiatives related to availability, capacity scalability and quality.
- Uses Agile methodologies to prioritize and manage feature development and delivery.
- Working with Engineering, develops new product concepts using MVP prototyping and A/B testing approaches.
- Responsible for communicating product solutions and benefits to customers and stakeholders; including knowledge transfer and training for on-going management of features.
- Gathers user feedback and platform usage metrics to guide product investment decisions
- Works with customer support teams to measure and understand product performance and drive down support needs.
Competencies for Success:
- Balances Stakeholders
- Business Insights
- Communicates Effectively
- Cultivates Innovation
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Drives Vision and Purpose
Measures of Success:
- Positive ROI in aggregate for products delivered by team
- Maintain an acceptable backlog of stories to minimize downtime of teams
- High quality software product delivered that meets desired business outcomes
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management (MBA preferred). Minor or related experience CS or engineering.
- 5 to 7 years experience developing (ideation) and delivering ecommerce and/or SaaS features that resulted in measurable market success.
- In collaboration with other stakeholders create strategies and roadmaps backed by metrics that justify activities and establish targets that are measurable
- Experience using the Agile project framework and methodologies.
- Can demonstrate a consistent a track record and ability to identify business objectives, develop and implement a business strategy, establish clear/accurate success metrics and make reliable business decisions during execution.
- Demonstrated technical acumen with an ability to understand technology solutions and potential tradeoffs – able to clearly communicate technology concepts and anticipated outcomes to business users.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills; comfortable presenting to executive-level management.
- Frontend customer experience focused on acquiring and retaining customers
- Exposure to promotions, payments, security, product, and other core functions of an online retailer
- Can show effective use of customer feedback and platform performance tools and approaches and how they feed into and drive the product roadmap.
- Must be very well versed with web analytics research tools/processes and distilling conversion drivers from user behavior research