Director of Global New Product Development at Morningstar
The Area: Morningstar Indexes Team leverages its expertise in equity research, manager research, asset allocation, and portfolio construction to create investor-focused solutions. It uses Morningstar`s intellectual property to create indexes that empower investors to achieve their goals at every stage of the investment process - market monitoring, benchmarking and asset allocation. The unit offers a broad suite of global equity, bond, commodity and asset allocation indexes.
The Role: As the leader of Indexes New Product Development team, you will lead a team of analysts who drive the new index development cycle including ideation, data acquisition and processing, building an investment thesis, extensaive back testing, client consultation and production implementation. The ideal candidate will manage multiple projects, mentor team members and provide opportunities for their career development. The candidate will have an excellent grasp of investment concepts, possess strong analytical skills, and partner effectively with senior management, other teams, and clients. This position is based in our Navi Mumbai or Chicago office.
• Establish a vibrant, high-performing R&D culture that delivers innovative investment solutions through a defined research process
• Partner with research teams across Morningstar to transform Morningstar’s intellectual property into investor-centric Indexes
• Lead and manage a global team of 10+ analysts who develop rules-based strategic beta indexes across various asset classes by working closely with internal stakes holder and clients. Responsible for the development life cycle : ideation, data analysis, index design and back-testing
• Support sales & marketing efforts, client roadshows and seminars
• Recruit and develop the capabilities of your team members, positioning them for success
• Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative, financial discipline, or engineering; a CFA, MBA or graduate degree in a quantitative or financial discipline is preferred
• Knowledge of institutional investing, modern portfolio theory and portfolio construction processes
• Hands-on analytical and quantitative skills (e.g., econometrics) and practical experience with programming and database packages
• Proven track record of building and motivating teams.
• Ability to communicate effectively with global clients and internally
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills including ability to distill complex ideas into simple explanations
• 10+ years of relevant professional experience
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
I10_MstarIndiaPvtLtd Morningstar India Private Ltd. (Delhi) Legal Entity