Director of Product, Employee Products
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, FL, GA, KY, MA, MI, MN, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT, WA, or WI.
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX, a platform that saves employees and their employers money by making tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—less confusing and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need an experienced Director of Product, Employee Products to help us continue on our journey.
How you’ll help
The Product team is responsible for identifying unmet needs and opportunities for customers and employees and translating those into product strategy, roadmap, requirements and successful launch of products at Jellyvision. The Director of Product will identify, understand, and prioritize new problems and opportunities in the market where Jellyvision can help employees and employers save money by reducing the costs of healthcare confusion, focused on moments of enrollment. This includes owning strategy for ALEX Benefits Counselor as well as any future identified products for choosing benefits. You’ll assess which markets have the most opportunity and value for Jellyvision to enter, and validate and launch product concepts based on desirability, viability and feasibility.
What you’ll do
- Identify and define emerging or new to Jellyvision employer & user overlapping pain points and needs by driving the customer discovery process
- Prioritize opportunities for further exploration, including evaluating how any new concept fits into the Choosing Benefits problem space, expands our platform approach, strategy, and core competencies
- Lead with design, engineering and other stakeholders to ideate, prototype, and test solutions for prioritized problem areas
- Discover if the customer is willing to buy or pay for a solution. Develop clear ROI, market sizing and P&L models for new products/solutions
- Define value proposition for any new strategy for users, employers, and partners alike.
- Strategically communicate updates, learnings, risks, opportunities and decision points for all discovery work in progress, to align stakeholders and leadership team on ongoing work
- Lead recommendations of go, pivot, or kill decisions at stage gates throughout the new concept development process. Align key stakeholders to recommendations.
- Work in partnership with relevant product managers as concepts move forward into ideation, to bring the ultimate owner of the product along
- Continually evaluate and update processes for how Jellyvision evaluates new problem or solution areas
- Own product lifecycle management for Choosing Benefits related solutions, including ALEX Benefits Counselor
Experience & skills you’ll need
- 8+ years of relevant experience, including experience in product management
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; must effectively communicate with technical and non-technical people,
- Ability to lead and influence across different functions and align teams and stakeholders to a common goal
- Experience making decisions based on data, business case, and ROI
- Ability to operate autonomously and be self-starter to complete work
- Must have experience in leading customer discovery and validation
- Be an outside the box thinker and be able to connect the dots to create market valued, innovative solutions
- Customer Focus
- Communicates Effectively
- Business Insight
- Strategic Mindset
- Drives results
- Cultivates innovation
- Balances stakeholders
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!