Director of Product Innovation, Indexes at Morningstar
This is an exciting opportunity for an intellectually curious, collaborative, strategic thinker with strong business acumen to contribute towards the long-term growth of a fast-growing business. Reporting to the Head of Innovation, you will be responsible for managing next-generation index solutions by shepherding ideas from the visionary stage through production. The newly formed Index Innovation Center will serve as a dedicated space focused on understanding market trends and customer needs and channeling those into innovative product solutions. The Center will be responsible for managing the innovation lifecycle from ideation to commercialization with an eye toward long-term revenue growth.
• Analyze new opportunities that align with our mission, assess risks, strengths and weaknesses, as well as understand total addressable market.
• Apply knowledge of the investment management ecosystem to curate proprietary research and insights for designing products that deliver great investor and commercial outcomes.
• Collaborate with various research teams to draw out the best ideas and output from various subject-matter experts. Direct cross-functional programs and projects of varied sizes and types concurrently.
• Effectively communicate the benefits of innovation projects in terms of investor success and commercial success.
• Manage key internal stakeholders by effectively communicating the benefits of innovation projects.
• Generate product documentation and output to support product, go-to-market and sales teams.
• Support monitoring and reporting on key performance indicators and success metrics.
• Knowledge of investment management ecosystem, investment vehicles, regulations, and index design best practices.
• Background in investment research and knowledge of transforming research into actionable applications.
• Presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences.
• Strong business acumen and a sense of how innovation will translate to revenue opportunities.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with people from various disciplines, including research, product development, technology and sales.
• Motivated, investor-oriented self-starter with excellent interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to thrive in an environment that includes ambiguity and uncertainty in the pursuit of breakthrough solutions.
• A minimum of ten years of experience in product strategy, investment research, investment management or related fields.
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA and/or CFA preferred.
• Familiarity with Morningstar research and research process.
• Experience in product strategy & market sizing
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity