Director of Product - Learning
VelocityEHS is expanding its e-Learning strategy and looking for a leader to drive the initiative. Reporting to the VP of Product, this person will drive the next generation of growth building our health and safety compliance eLearning solution and strategy.
Our Values are to champion customer success, build open & honest relationships, choose simple, be humble and make a difference. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and feel you can embrace our values, check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARENT LIMITED TO:
- Will lead overall e-learning strategy including market segmentation, product and content road mapping and commercialization planning
- Work with VP of Product to develop strategies and financial plans for the business
- Present periodic business updates as well as strategic plans and roadmaps to various groups including but not limited to Executive Team and Board of Directors
- Track competitive market
- Follow and apply best practices for e-Learning and identify new opportunities based on market trends
- Lead product launches and iterative releases over time
- Lead LMS (Learning Management System) vendor selection and relationship owner
- Will oversee the Velocity e-Learning Content Strategy – including internal content development as well as curating outside, published content
- Working with subject matter experts (SMEs), internal customer groups, and other source materials to develop interactive, compelling and engaging online learning content for our customers
- Works directly with Product team peers to ensure our solution is aligned with overall product platform objectives (integration)
- Works with and guides operational teams on building practices that support the business including (Sales, Implementation, Support, Success, Retention)
- Ensure internal training and support methods are in place to support organization
- Works with Marketing to ensure appropriate messaging for the product line
- Hire, manage and develop team members
- Follow customer behavior and utilization data in order to inform forward looking decision making as well as communicate product KPIs
- Lead initiatives to draw primary research from customers via interviews, customer forums and research
- Monitor and analyze user feedback to identify customer pain points and success trends
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years direct experience in eLearning product management
- 5 years of direct experience in product management
- Attention to detail, strong teamwork and communication skills
- Experience working with industry standard Learning Management Systems (LMS) and reporting and measuring training results and learning effectiveness. While you will not be the day to day administrator, you will be very hands on and a knowledge expert with the capabilities of the LMS relative to our customer needs.
- Advanced critical thinking and problem solving skills
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICAIONS:
- Direct experience in launching new, SaaS based products in to the SMB as well as Enterprise marketplace a plus
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools (Power BI, Tableau, etc.) a plus
- Experience with Salesforce.com to extract market activity a plus
- Experience with business intelligence tools (like power BI) to mine data for insights preferred
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, generous PTO and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.