Who we are: Ensono is a managed service provider head-quartered in the U.S. with offices around the globe. We specialize in large-revenue clients undergoing digital transformation and who seek our objective and trusted partnership to help them operate for today and optimize for tomorrow. Our full-service portfolio is an enviable combination of enterprise hybrid IT services that spans IBM Mainframe, IBMi, Private Cloud, managed Public Clouds, application services, and advisory and consulting services. Some of the world’s leading companies rely on Ensono’s innovative hybrid IT solutions and rich managed services to deliver highly available and cost-optimized infrastructure for their mission-critical business. The mainframe is one of the mission-critical platforms our customers depend on, and Ensono is the #2 mainframe managed services leader in North America, with clients across the globe. Who you are: You are passionate about using your industry and mainframe knowledge and creative skills to imagine, direct and create products. You can think big as well as zoom into the smallest detail with ease. You are energetic, and a quick study. You can make sound decisions without always having complete data, and you always work backward from the customer and market needs. You’ve shipped products many times before with commercial success and are adept at directing and partnering with people, whether directly reporting to you or across the value chain. You are an inclusive and low-ego leader who actively seeks diversity of thought. If this seems like a great fit for you, we have an exciting role to offer as a director of product management in our mainframe managed services business. The role reports directly to the Mainframe Line of Business leader.
- Collaboratively build vision, strategy, and roadmap for modern mainframe capabilities, product lines and services, driving the continued growth of this highly scalable and sustainable business line for Ensono
- Work hands on with your product team and cross-functional collaborators to shape market-relevant offerings, from idea to build to launch.
- Engage with Clients to understand and document their business challenges, test and refine Ensono’s services strategy
- Work on commercial aspects of offerings including creation of business cases, cost/price modeling and some contractual aspects
- Demonstrably strengthen Ensono’s mainframe managed services value proposition, position in the market and associated revenues, contributing to Ensono’s overall product strategy
- Collaborate with marketing to drive product positioning, messaging, segmentation and sales enablement
- Build effective working relationships across Ensono’s business, particularly with sales, solution architects, operational teams, pricing, engineering, procurement and consulting staff
- Contribute to Ensono sales proposals, tender responses and sales presentation delivery
- Evangelize Ensono’s product portfolio and roadmap both inside and outside the company
- Build and maintain relationships with key technology vendors / partners as needed
- Ensure clear direction is communicated to engineering and operations teams when defining and prioritizing features, enhancements, platform improvements, and client requests
- Ensure that high standards of reliability, quality, usability and measurement are adhered to throughout each phase of product development.
- Act as an authority for product development concepts, and market and competitive insights, and communicate key insights to stakeholders.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of seven years in product management experience
- Experience with launching multiple enterprise offerings in the private sector and/or public sector
- Passion for conceiving, creating and designing useful, innovative products that fit market needs
- Demonstrably credible and persuasive leadership and interpersonal skills
- Experience identifying various business problems or product flaws and coming up with creative solutions
- Sound understanding of technical architectures and concepts in modern app development.
- Experience in commercial modeling of offerings (cost, pricing, packaging, profitability)
Business administration degree or equivalent skills learned on the job