Upwork ($UPWK) is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
As a two-sided marketplace, our business is dependent on building and capturing client demand for talented freelancers and finding the world’s best talent to work with these clients. We have amazing freelancers on our platform and an impressive array of clients including Fortune 100 brands - but we believe there is a step-change opportunity to optimize the dynamics of our marketplaces both within countries and globally. This includes matching algorithms, supply and demand analysis and UI improvements.
As Director of Product Management - Freelancer Supply you will lead the team who builds innovative features for Upwork’s large freelancer community including new services for onboarding, managing supply, reputation management, Identity and improving overall trust in our marketplace. Your team will optimize existing pipelines and build new pipelines of talented freelancers for jobs on Upwork, create new experiences and programs to better match them with great opportunities, and help them grow their earnings and freelancing careers.
- You will lead with a compelling vision that motivates and drives dedication across the organization
- You will lead the team that Invents, designs and builds solutions to address freelancer acquisition, growth, retention, and other freelancing talent placement opportunities
- You will work with partners in data science, analytics, product and operations to push the limits of our market dynamics resulting in growth of freelancer earnings and hiring managers spend and retention.
- Take ownership of the results, tracking critical metrics and use them to drive decision-making about what's next
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Deep experience leading product teams and launching new products to market.
- Analytical chops for breaking down complex problems and solving them with data.
- The ability to go broad as well as deep: solving for the bigger picture and long term goals whilst rolling up your sleeves and jumping in when needed
- Flexibility to efficiently pivot and react to rapidly evolving goals and priorities.
- Deep empathy for customer needs, frustrations, and aspirations. Familiarity with designing user experiences and their impact on conversion funnels.
- Compelling written and oral communication skills.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.