Director Product Management at Home Chef
- Build and maintain a near and long term technology roadmap that enables Home Chef to achieve company-wide targets and initiatives:
- Understand company and stakeholder strategy to compile a near and long-term technology roadmap
- Continually refine and re-prioritize roadmap based on business needs, stakeholder feedback, and tech capacity
- Use data and input from engineering leadership input to estimate project impact, return on energy and time invested, and effort required
- Ensure balance between near-term impact and quick wins with longer, more strategic initiatives
- Establish effective communication channels to provide stakeholder visibility into prioritization and roadmapping
- Advocate for high-impact, needle-moving initiatives by continually gathering feedback from customers and maintaining a perspective on industry trends:
- Structure and build effective business cases to pursue new, innovative technology that improves the customer (or stakeholder) experience
- Build processes to continually gather and share the voice of the customer (or stakeholder)
- Follow industry trends and regularly benchmark Home Chef’s tech features against competitors, other e-comm players, and 3P Software
- Research 3P Software when appropriate and evaluate make-vs-buy decisions
- Oversee large-scale, cross-functional tech initiatives:
- Establish clear team ownership lanes and expectations as well as reasonable deadlines
- Communicate progress to cross-functional team
- Partner with engineering leadership to develop performance metrics and effective goal setting strategies
- Plan short and long-term hiring and team structure decisions:
- Work with engineering leadership and product managers to define team structure that enables near-term progress as well as growth and product evolution
- Establish boundaries and clear ownership between teams
- Identify stakeholders and working partners, and define expectations for both sides of the org (i.e. what will both tech and stakeholders contribute to ensure success)
- Structure effective cross-functional working teams, team norms, and meeting cadences
- Lead a team of product managers:
- Assist with day-to-day decisions and creative problem solving; provide professional development opportunities and coaching
- Help product managers to think through effective team management, such as goal setting, meeting cadence and content, and time management
- Position team to develop great interpersonal relationships up, down and across the organization
Key Traits and Behaviors: These key traits are tied directly to our core values, and encompass your role of consistently delivering value to our customers.
- Customer Value: Deeply understands and communicates ideas that will serve our customer and business needs. Actively promotes customer-based research and data to drive product needs.
- Business Impact: Understands the vision and strategy of the company. Gathers business requirements and develop technology solutions that drive towards impact.
- Clear Communicator: Able to speak many different stakeholder languages: across users, senior management, technology and design. Adds clarity and structure to unstructured ideas in a way that enables the team to reach desired objectives and key results.
- Rigorous Prioritization: Consistently frames ideas in terms of impact and effort, utilizing knowledge of Home Chef’s Technology Stack and UX principles. Clearly communicates product trade offs, scope, and timelines to stakeholders.
- Growth Mindset: Understands that the team and organization are all in constant growth, and is flexible when priorities change. Enables a culture of learning and iteration.
- Team & Culture: Drives team forward through thought leadership, customer-focused decision making, and process improvement. Actively seeks out ways to improve inclusiveness for all team members.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Exposure to programming
- In-depth understanding of systems design as well as project management techniques
- At least six months of experience using project management tracking tools
- Flexibility to travel up to 20% of the time (Operations Technology specific)
- Flexibility to be on-call to help support developers with client requests
- Up to one year of post-high school training such as in a business school, community college or vocational training.