Director, Product Management
About the role
An exciting product leadership opportunity to join one of Chicago’s fastest-growing venture-funded startups that is reshaping the logistics industry. We are looking for an experienced and driven product leader to manage the core tracking platform, FourKites’ flagship product line. In this role, you will be responsible for developing the product strategy and roadmap, driving the definition and delivery of product releases, and managing the full life cycle of this high-demand SaaS product suite.
As the Director, Product Management, you will manage a team of high-performing product managers and work closely with sales and customers to understand market needs, define requirements, package features into product releases and manage Agile product backlogs. You will work closely with the go-to-market team to ensure the product roadmap can meet the requirements of the business plan and can be successfully rolled out. You will be expected to work in a highly collaborative manner with sales, marketing, engineering, customer support, and key customers. A strong technical background and an MBA are required.
- You enjoy discovering and validating market problems by interacting closely with sales, customers, and prospects
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and are comfortable with ambiguity and lack of structure
- You are entrepreneurial - you make things happen and proactively step up when you recognize an opportunity
- You enjoy executing on both a strategic and tactical level, with the ability to develop well defined business and operational plans to achieve desired objectives
- Are an innovator at heart and will thrive in pushing the boundaries for how FourKites can leverage data insights for our products
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Stats or equivalent practical experience
- MBA from a top-tier business school
- 5-10 years of product management or similar experience developing SaaS products and technologies.
- Analytical mind & strong problem-solving capabilities evidenced by a proven ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends.
- Demonstrated experience shipping SaaS products (concept to launch).
- Demonstrated ability working with technical teams in an Agile environment to rapidly produce iterations
FourKites is the fastest-growing predictive supply chain platform, backed by top-tier VC firms in Silicon Valley, Boston and Chicago, delivering real-time visibility and execution for Fortune 500 companies and third-party logistics firms. Using a proprietary algorithm to calculate shipment arrival times, FourKites enables customers to lower operating costs, improve on-time performance, and strengthen end-customer relationships. With a network of more than four million GPS/ELD devices, FourKites covers all modes including ocean, rail, parcel and over-the-road. The platform is optimized for mobile and equipped with market-leading end-to-end security. We look for smart, agile, creative team players who are ready to roll up their sleeves and deliver for our customers.