Director of Product Management
In many ways, the business of Sprout Social is our product. It is what our customers subscribe to and our users engage with to enhance their social media management capabilities. In order to succeed, we need to be relentless about building superior software and solving hard problems on our customers’ behalf. This approach has earned Sprout awards both for our software (G2 Crowd) and our culture (Glassdoor). While we appreciate the recognition, we know we can get so much better.
As Director of Product for our Analytics tribe, you’ll lead a talented team of product managers to set a strategic vision and successfully execute against that. The focus will be to ensure we are building the best possible social media analytics platform for our customers and our business. We are enabling customers to tell actionable stories through social data, make better decisions, deliver more impactful content and engage with their audience in a more meaningful way. To meet our customers’ needs and our aspirations, we need to continually enhance the product capabilities, while at the same time elevating the quality of design and user experience that Sprout has become known for.
We’re looking for someone who has a track record of successful results and managing others to achieve the same. While you’re passionate about solving hard problems, you’re equally committed to individual mentorship and career development for your team.
This person will also be one of the senior leaders of the overall product management team at Sprout. Beyond direct management responsibilities, this leader will help us continually improve how we operate and our team culture. The PM team has tripled since the beginning of 2017 and added a second office via our acquisition of Simply Measured in Seattle. This creates new scale and also new needs. We believe there is much we can do to become stronger as a team and this leader will be a key part of this.
The role can be based in either Chicago or Seattle, though will require some travel to ensure strong connection with team members in both locations.
Within 1 month you will…
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our product and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with our SVP of Product to set initial priorities and align on expectations for your role.
- Begin to build relationships with your PM team (Seattle & Chicago) as well as across engineering, design, sales and Sprout’s company executives.
Within 3 months you will…
- Understand our current Analytics product, strategy and roadmap.
- Begin to influence our feature priorities, execution and release quality to ensure strong outcomes for our customers and the business..
- Establish credibility and trust across your team and key internal partners in both Chicago and Seattle to be able to become an effective coach and advocate.
- Coach and develop your direct reports towards achieving great results as well as personal growth.
- Identify key opportunities for improvement within your team and the overall PM team.
Within 6 months you will…
- Lead your team to set the strategic direction for the Analytics products at Sprout.
- Act as a culture and process leader for the overall product management team.
- Begin to influence product direction and design at company level.
Within 12 months you will...
- Ensure a strong organization that exhibits company values while having consistent high impact to the product and the business.
- Be ready to help solve the next phase of team problems -- including things we maybe haven’t even anticipated yet!
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago's Loop and Downtown Seattle
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is an equal opportunity employer. Anyone seeking employment here is considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, Illinois, or local law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!