Director of Product Management
About the role
At Fetch Rewards, we have two sayings that sum up the ethos of our organization launched in 2013:
Defeat the Odds!
At Fetch Rewards, our vision is to help make grocery shopping easy, fun and smart. Millions of people use our app every month and we are growing rapidly. Although we have earned a 4.8 rating and a ranking among the top shopping apps in the App Store, we believe our product can do so much more to become truly world class.
We are looking for a Director of Product Management to take ownership of the core experience for our mobile apps. This person will lead improvements to make Fetch even more intuitive and engaging to drive retention and activity. They will build and lead a team to enhance areas across the app including towards better merchandising, rewards, engagement and navigation.
Your focus will be on developing pipeline frameworks, microservices, and data solutions that can scale to match the company’s growth trajectory. We don't lock ourselves into particular technologies, but some we are currently using include AWS, Snowflake, Python, Spark, Lambda, CloudFormation, Docker, Kinesis, MongoDB, and Tableau. You’ll also get to join a team of talented individuals who will provide you with hands-on mentorship on topics ranging from engineering to DevOps to analytics. Success in this role requires the ability to analyze challenging problems, propose solutions under the guidance of experienced teammates, and implement designs within timeframes that keep up with business needs.
This role can be based in either Madison or Chicago.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Exceptional people leader who builds, empowers, develops and organizes a strong team of product managers towards a culture where everyone can contribute fully
- Accomplished product manager who can set strategic direction, lead strong execution and coach others to improve their capabilities
- Customer obsessed and data driven to ensure priorities, features and key decisions are informed by quantitative metrics and qualitative feedback
- Embraces validation and experimentation to connect their team’s work to business value
- An effective communicator and collaborator including with company leadership, design, engineering and analytics as well as other product managers and partners
- Excited to work in a fast paced, changing environment, balancing short term execution and agility with building a vision and framework for the long term
Within 1 month you will:
- Become familiar with the current state of our product, get to know the team and set initial priorities
- Meet our team and learn about our customer experience and technical platform
- Get up to speed on existing research and product metrics in order to start developing an understanding of our customers and their needs
- Begin supporting day to day execution of projects already in development
- Set your initial priorities and align on expectations for your role
- Identify hiring needs and begin to recruit top talent for key positions
Within 3 month you will:
- Build trust and great working relationships with your direct team and key partners
- Start forming and testing hypotheses about how to address customer needs in your area
- Partner with design, engineering and analytics to set your priorities and roadmap
- Lead the definition, launch and assessment of product enhancements
- Begin to grow and evolve the team in anticipation of upcoming business needs
Within 6 month you will:
- Establish and get alignment around your product vision and strategy
- Demonstrate clear improvements to customer and business KPIs via successful feature launches
Within 12 month you will:
- Help to make others on the team better through your leadership and example
- Identify and lead implementation of new ways to help the product, team and overall company