Join our award-winning A-Team!
Ready to produce exceptional results with exceptional people? Get in touch, we would love to get to know you.
Affinitiv is the largest provider of end-to-end, data-driven marketing and software solutions exclusively focused on the automotive customer lifecycle. Backed by 20+ years of automotive and marketing expertise, we pride ourselves on being the go-to experts in the industry. Not only do we work with over 6,500 dealerships and every major manufacturer in the country, we’re well-versed in OEM standards and the intricacies of a dealership or group’s local business.
The Director, Product reports directly to the CPO. Their primary focus is to keep aligned the release train of all products within their domain. The Director prepares a 1-3-year roadmap. In their backlog they organize the runway items needed to facilitate enablers to their delivery teams, and work in lockstep with all agile teams in their domain to ensure all roadmaps are aligned and release trains delivering on schedule.
You will be the recognized as an expert within the company. They are the single best resource for their product suite and its presence in the marketplace. They provide a broad level of expertise in Product Management as well as other disciplines within the organization to be the best possible product strategist and owner of their domain of products. He/She will be the CEO of their Product Suite.
- Leads product managers in their domain, they will approve and monitor the 1-year roadmaps of PM’s
- Works with the executive leadership team to ensure that all organizational and transformational changes that need to be executed are added into the product roadmap
- Owns regularly reporting on the overall health of their product suite by aligning sales, support & product to reflect a comprehensive view of their products.
- Works with Product, Development, and Business leaders closely to implement and champion process improvements that increase productivity, profitability, and overall health to the product lifecycle and release train management
- Ensures that Program relationships are at an optimal position at all times. The Program related roadmaps will feed through the Product Director to ensure the best process for requirement gathering, prioritization, stakeholder engagement, and expectations. They will oversee the engagement between program managers product managers to ensure product-program deliverables are met, scope is contractually agreed upon, and units are accepted and rolled out according to plan
- Builds and owns relationships with third party vendors and partners we use to maintain / delivery our services.
- Leads UX research initiatives related to their product(s), competitive market analysis at cost/build/buy level
- Formulates strong arguments to invest in products when ROI can be proven or will be expected to keep their products lean when it is not. They will know to remove a product from the marketplace if it is vastly underperforming and will make that recommendations to the CPO if need be
- Creates business plans to secure funding for investments
- Ensures all resources within their products align with the approved investment allocations and budgets.
- Establishes ROI based goals and strategies for the products and product managers within their domain.
- Champions whole company agile, working with engineering and BA’s to ensure the best agile process is being organized for excellence in product development
- Organizes and owns whole product launches that are across multiple product delivery teams
- Partners with leads in UX, DevOps/Infrastructure, Development, Program Management, Product Marketing, Sales, Training, and Support, to ensure all departments are aligned on the initiatives within their product roadmap(s)
- Manages external relationships with new and existing partnerships, where products in their domain interface with other services and products via integrations and partner sales programs
- Works with other agile leaders to reorganize teams within their domain for the best resource alignments
- Ensures external integration with third parties including DMS’s are strategized to achieve all the best opportunities and they will be expected to present other domain owners with integration opportunities if they exist.
- Conducts market research and competitive analysis by any means necessary, even getting out and working firsthand with dealers who are willing to
- Oversees pilots being conducted by PM’s in their domain
- All other duties as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, math/statistics is required; a master’s degree is preferred
- Certifications or presently enrolled in an asset
- 10+ years of proven experience; 5+ years in product management and 5+ years in other Agile and product development leadership positions
- Experience with budgeting and managing a P&L statement
- Interacts with stakeholders internally and externally at all levels.
- Strong knowledge of leading product managers in transformational changes
- Experience in building go to market strategies and plans that will ensure the best experiences for users of their products
- Experienced Product Owner with a history in Software Development
- Experience with New Product commercialization
- Able to think critically and creatively
- Able to work well under deadline pressure and multi-task
- Willing to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to effectively partner in the development and execution of business strategies. Use strong analytical capabilities and a fact-based approach to develop effective solution to business issues
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing abilities while being nimble and adaptable
- Projects the highest levels of integrity while winning through a consultative and collaborative partnership
- Superior inter-personal communication and presentation skills as proven organizational skills
Work from Here
At Affinitiv, we have the best of both worlds. Our team members have embraced remote work and our Work from Here program allows for remote working and the utmost flexibility while keeping in person collaborating thriving in a safe work environment. Our Work from Here approach gives team members a choice to work on campus or remote, leaders can hold in person or virtual team meetings to collaborate and cultivate relationships.
Affinitiv knows you have interests outside of work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and 401K effective day 1 just to name a few. We also offer generous PTO so you can enjoy off time with family and friends.
At Affinitiv, we celebrate diversity, equality, and an inclusive environment.
Affinitiv is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are extended to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business needs. Affinitiv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.