Director of Product at HealthJoy
Why our work matters
The healthcare industry is notoriously difficult to navigate. One third of the over $3 trillion spent on healthcare annually results from this complexity, and more than half of Americans don’t get care because of the price tag. Our mission is to simplify the healthcare experience in a way that provides access to better care at a lower cost.
Since 2014, HealthJoy has been committed to revolutionizing the way people access healthcare. Through an easy to use app that brings together healthcare information and on-demand help, we enable people to be more informed and confident when making decisions about their healthcare. It’s no small feat, but our work makes a significant difference in people’s lives.
Our team has compassion and energy for the problems we are solving. We hold ourselves accountable and deliver on ambitious, meaningful goals. Putting egos aside, we commit to doing what it takes to bring positive changes to our users. Everyone plays a role.
Together we are building the future of healthcare. Join us!
Your role in our mission
HealthJoy is looking for a Director of Product to shepherd the core value creation for our members and customers. Through deep empathy, intelligence, and grit, you will be diving deep into the hardest, most complex challenges of the healthcare experience and at the same time lead our product cycle through its current phase of hyper growth.
How you'll contribute
- Our members are getting better, faster healthcare decisions every quarter
- Our members have increasing access to disease-specific programs to become healthier
- Our customers are seeing an increasing return on investment from our platform
- Our product organization has a well-defined roadmap that is communicated and understood across the entire organization
- Our product organization has tripled in size and team members have a clear view of competencies they need to improve
- Intellectually Curious. You must have strong opinions that are loosely held. You are a lifelong student who wants to learn more, explore, test, and try something new.
- Entrepreneurial. There isn’t a playbook for this position. We need someone who can come in, learn the lay of the land, and create a plan - and then constantly reassess and evolve as our rapidly growing business does, too.
- Phenomenal communicator. In person, on the phone, and in writing. You will be responsible for communicating both internally and externally with so many different people in so many different roles that your communication skills need to be excellent, and on brand for HealthJoy.
- Deep empathy. Our users come to us for the hard problems that coexist with pain, grief, and anxiety. You will be responsible for developing an experience that guides members through the thick of it, which requires an inexhaustible depth of understanding and compassion.
- Technical Navigation. As the hub for how members interact with healthcare, you will need to be adept at navigating APIs, data, and technical documentation in varying degrees of complexity. You will likely need to learn new tools and systems to test and understand how data flows across systems.
- Leadership and Inspiration. Ability to inspire a team to tackle the hard problems. Being a product leader, you will need to push multiple different departments to hit your objectives.
- Medical benefits with generous employer contribution to monthly medical premiums
- HSA with annual company contribution
- Access to the HealthJoy app
- Stock options
- Flexible PTO policy
- Parental leave
- Quarterly volunteer events
- Monthly wellness initiatives
- Monthly company sponsored happy hours
- Weekly Instacart orders and catered lunches every Friday
- A unique opportunity to join a scaling business in healthtech!
HealthJoy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.