The Product Strategy and Development (PSD) team oversees product development and innovation; and manages Sustainalytics’ product portfolio in alignment with corporate priorities. The team is seeking a seasoned ESG professional to support the development, commercialization, maintenance, and enhancement of our ESG Risk Ratings product and related services.
The ESG Research Product Manager is responsible for supporting strategic product priorities in line with commercial goals and managing the development of these priorities within the product development lifecycle. This includes defining the product vision, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, and working closely with client relations, sales and marketing to deliver commercially successful products. The role blends strategic product management functions, including a significant client/market facing role, with overseeing product features implementation. You will join a dynamic and strategically important team and contribute to the development of a vibrant community of product managers. The ideal candidate will have experience in both product development in a financial services industry and application of ESG in investment process.
Act as an expert on our ESG Risk Rating product, responding to inquiries and providing advice to clients and client teams on the value and utility of the product. Manage and develop sub-products within our ESG Risk Ratings product line; Support Sustainalytics’ flagship ESG Risk Ratings and related products and position the product for commercial success; Work closely with our commercial team to understand client use cases and translate them into product features; Provide insights and market intelligence to identify related market trends and translate these into product improvements or new product propositions that provide competitive advantage; Collaborate with product operations and development teams – methodology, operations, IT to bring product features to market.
- Masters degree in related discipline (business, economics or finance) or Bachelors degree with relevant experience;
- Product management experience preferably in the financial services industry or related services;
- Experience working with clients in the financial services industry or in a strategic consulting role is an asset.
- Experience related to application of ESG research in investment process;
- Strong product management and execution skills;
- Strong commercial and analytical skills;
- Alignment with Sustainalytics’ mission, vision and values;
- Presentation skills (both in spoken and written formats), e.g. strategic plan development, ppt skills, client interaction skills;
- A genuine team player who can achieve objectives through close collaboration and coordination with others (including technology, data & content operations, client services).
Sustainalytics has been a leading independent provider of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) research for the last 25 years. Our insights are used by clients to make better informed investment decisions, engage with companies in relation to their business activities and drive change.
Sustainalytics is a growing organization with 800 employees and 17 offices globally. We have a flexible and supportive working culture and empower our employees to progress and develop quickly in an entrepreneurial environment.
For more information, visit www.sustainalytics.com