Food Scientist, Innovation
RXBAR: We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBAR cuts through the clutter with a clean ingredient deck and disruptive branding. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition has propelled RXBAR to be a major, rapidly growing player in the nutrition category.
Food Scientist, Innovation: The success we have had today is directly attributed to our focus and commitment to the product. Having a vision for the next generation of wholesome healthy products is essential for continued market leadership. This role will push boundaries, identify existing and emerging processing technologies as a way to bring about future product development innovation, which will be instrumental for the growth of the RXBAR brand.
The ideal Innovation Food Scientist has a passion for food, quality, and is looking to be part of an exciting, fast-paced, innovative company. This person must be a quick learner, seek excellence, have an analytical mind that embraces data, strong critical thinking skills and a creative mindset.
General Functions & Responsibilities:
- Support innovation and renovation/continuous improvement, short-term/quarterly projects across current and emerging categories from the processing technology lens
- Able to understand equipment, raw material functionality know-how and formulation development to enable delivery of set product performance targets and attributes
- Support smooth scale-up and start-up of new formulations at contract manufacturing facilities
- Partner with ingredient suppliers and contract manufacturers technical counterparts (R&D and Quality) to ensure delivery against our specification targets and drive continuous improvement programs at the site level
- Identify technical risks and recommend contingency plans; test and advise alternative ingredients and/or processes that would improve product quality and/or process efficiency
- Handle multiple assignments simultaneously, including innovation, productivity and quality initiatives
- Generate project briefs, project summaries, technical updates and effectively convey food science/technical recommendations to non-technical stakeholders
Skills & Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related field; Master’s Degree in Food Science or related Life Sciences field a plus
- 2+ years of Product Development experience--food manufacturing and/or Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) experience preferred
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively manage workload to meet deadlines, while ensuring a high standard of quality
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player
- Always pursues excellence; passion for food business
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with RXBAR match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike &helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.