Food Scientist, Product Development
RXBAR: We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBARs are the cleanest protein bar available and our branding stands out. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition in a rapidly growing health food market has our company positioned for growth.
Food Scientist, Product Development: The success we have had today is directly attributed to our focus and commitment to the product. We have a passion for developing the best possible product for our customers. This process all starts in the lab with product development. This role will support new product development and continuous improvement initiatives to continue establishing our brand leadership within the natural snacks category.
The Food Scientist, Product Development will work directly with the Product Development Manager (Snacks). Our ideal candidate is a creative thinker, proficient technical leader, a strong communicator, and is looking to be part of an exciting, fast-paced, innovative company. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for someone with a passion for food products and a desire to directly impact growth in the business.
General Functions + Job Responsibilities:
- Execute new flavor and product form innovation for RXBAR snacks category
- Develop and conduct experiments for RXBAR continuous improvement initiatives
- Sourcing and technical evaluation of experimental raw material
- Assist with maintenance of laboratory and equipment
- Actively support other R&D core responsibilities such as plant trials and shelf life evaluations
- Support improvement of quality processes related to the evaluation of RXBAR products
Skills and Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science or related field with at least 3 years’ experience in Product Development required; Master of Science in Food Science a plus
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively manage workload to meet deadlines, while ensuring a high standard of quality
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player
- Always pursues excellence
- Passion for food business
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills, who is extremely result and detail-oriented
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with RXBAR match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
Please NO Recruiter or Third Party / Agency Inquiries
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.