Global Head of Product Strategy at Morningstar
The Group: The Products group is the home of manufacturing and innovation at Morningstar. The individuals in this group transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed products that delight our clients. The group’s product management, product development, and service teams collaborate with our Client Solutions group to help provide clients with relevant products and bundled solutions.
The Role: Morningstar is looking for a Head of Global Product Strategy to work across the Software and Data businesses. Responsible for developing long term product strategy, providing thought leadership, and designing long-term plans for Software and Data products. In addition to driving the commercial success of the business globally this role will work with our Global Product Leaders to help define and expand the product strategy, by segment and by region, along with leading the development of business cases\financial models to aid in the evaluation of investment opportunities. This role reports jointly to the two P&L leaders for our Software and Data products organization and is based in our Chicago office.
• Maintain and extend the 3-year plan strategic plan for the Software & Data P&Ls at Morningstar.
• Lead projects related to Morningstar’s overall product strategy to drive recommendations to the Executive Committee
• Work closely with Functional and Regional management teams, be a strategic partner and resource on all aspects of Product strategy.
• Coordinate annual operational and strategy review efforts across product lines and regions.
• Coordinate with the Head of strategy to ensure continued alignment between the business, other Morningstar P&Ls and corporate strategy.
• Understand the marketplace of assigned product lines, the competitive landscape, macroeconomic trends, and potential M&A opportunities.
• Assist product leadership on new opportunity evaluation, business cases development and financial modeling for organic and inorganic growth opportunities.
• Manage our competitive and market insight efforts globally.
• Lead the development of client insights and analytics across sales, marketing and product.
• Coordinate pricing strategy across multiple product lines and regions.
• Help in the preparation of quarterly product line reviews.
• An MBA with a focus on Strategy and\or Finance
• The ideal candidate will bring 15+ years’ experience with at least 10+ years’ experience in management consulting and / or product strategy, corporate development or product management for a global consultancy, software, data or analytics company.
• Expertise driving market research, quantitative analysis and financial analysis
• Strong business modeling and financial analysis experience.
• Knowledge and experience with Agile development, and good technical acumen are required.
• Excellent oral and written communication, planning, and analytical skills.
• Self-motivated to work with international multicultural teams
• Ability to structure, manage, and coordinate multiple complex cross-functional projects and processes with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels
• Willingness to collaborate with global teams during off-hours.
• Global awareness and international collaboration, open mindedness, empathy towards other cultures, creativity, social skills and adaptability
• Multilingual is a plus
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.