Head of Product
BigTime Software is looking to add a Head of Product to its senior leadership team to execute the vision and strategy of the company’s roadmap. Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Product will be responsible for leading the product and engineering departments, oversee all aspects of product life cycle management, and help craft the vision and strategy of the product department to ensure the product roadmap supports the goals of the business.
As the Head of Product, you will be responsible for:
- Work with the CEO and senior leadership team to create an overall product strategy tied to the company’s operating goals
- Lead a high-performing team of product managers and engineers to deliver on the product, experience, and technology strategy
- Clearly communicate the vision of the products to all of those involved with the organization, including stakeholders and the development team
- Maintain ownership of all product-related decisions
- Oversee all product planning including the development and constant refinement of our product management process
- Define and create alignment around product goals, metrics, and targets.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of our feature backlog
- Prioritize development activities with engineering teams, assist in determining the best technical implementation methods, work closely with QA on acceptance testing and lead product launches
- Understand our users’ needs and wants. Drive the processes that meet these needs; analyze and refine to ensure continuous product
Okay, we’ve laid out what the job is - now are you qualified? Here are the minimum qualifications we’re looking for in a Head of Product:
- 5+ years of product leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to be a thought and market leader
- Must have an innovative, strategic, and operational mindset
- Proven ability to work effectively in fast-paced, ever-changing, growth-stage organizations
- Proven skills in product development, including planning and roadmap development
- Highly collaborative leader with the ability to build and lead a team to work effectively in a fast-paced, energetic and high growth environment
- Ability to quickly understand, simplify, internalize and communicate complex or technical concepts.
- Excellent communication skills with the interpersonal and leadership qualities required to continuously motivate and develop a team,
- Ability to prioritize tasks and multi-task in a very fast-paced environment
- Experience successfully scaling processes and programs within a high-growth company
BigTime Software delivers time-tracking, billing and project management software for more than 2,000 firms, tracking over $2 billion in billable time each year. Our flagship product is a SaaS-based system that is custom-built for the professional services industry. BigTime is a venture-funded company based in Chicago committed to helping clients run professional teams more efficiently, unlocking potential revenue and improving profitability.
If you love what you do, and want to work in a small team environment that will challenge you to do your best, then check us out!
What you can expect about life at BigTime:
- Competitive base salary with bonus potential
- Company paid health & dental plans
- Generous time off and paid company holidays
- Company provided latest technology & software tools
- Weekly catered lunch
- Unlimited fresh fruit, snacks delivered daily, as well as cold brew coffee/tea, soda and La Croix
- Great, convenient downtown/loop location
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. BigTime Software, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.