Our Value Proposition:
Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
What is the Insurance Product Manager (P&C) at Clearcover?
We are seeking an Insurance Product Manager to provide regional management of our core lines of businesses and advance Clearcover’s growth and profit objectives. In this role you will be accountable for designing and managing personal lines insurance products (i.e property and causality). The Insurance Product Manager will collaborate with product and technology teams to develop, implement and monitor insurance products, strategies, and systems that balance and optimize growth, profitability and operating costs.
What will you do as the Insurance Product Manager?
The Insurance Product Manager (P&C) is a key member of the Insurance Organization, reporting to the AVP/Director of Product Management. This role will:
- Act as a product line expert and maintain a thorough knowledge of product features and benefits, as well as industry product trends; provide product expertise to various internal areas, including product, engineering, growth, and claims.
- Foster competitive intelligence through monitoring of competitor pricing and product activities.
- Help create insurance product strategy, drive rapid insurance product development and support all state expansion efforts.
- Analyze and monitor insurance product performance to make data-based decisions regarding underwriting, coverage, and pricing to drive continuous improvement.
- Monitor compliance issues at the state level and frequently collaborate with internal legal functions on critical audits/exams; with a significant influence on the outcome of the audit / exam resolutions.
- Build relationships with key insurance departments and legislators to facilitate approvals.
- Manage/mentor/develop analysts.
What will you need as the Insurance Product Manager?
- Experience in insurance product management or a related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to balance multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Direct experience applying customer lifetime value concepts to pricing and profitability decisions.
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills with a deep intellectual curiosity and an ability to make data-based decisions.
- Must be able to lead through influence, rather than authority only. Also must be a team player and able to operate as a “player-coach.”
- Personal lines experience strongly preferred
- A passion for learning and improvement
- Have property and causality experience (P&C)
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.