Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere
Upwork is looking for a Lead Growth Product Manager to make Upwork the destination where you engage the world’s best talent. To be successful in this role, you must be passionate about building experiences, and partnering across teams to launch experiments that retain our clients. As the Lead Product Manager, you will own the strategy, roadmap, and execution of key growth product initiatives focused on client retention efforts. You'll drive strong decision making through quantitative results and A/B testing, and qualitative research and customer insights. You will come up with big bets on how to nudge clients to take action, run experiments, analyze lots of data, and build and execute a cohesive retention strategy.Your Responsibilities:
- Collect customer insights, evaluate market research, capture product insights to identify customer problems and coordinate a product plan to optimally address them
- Collaborate with developers, designers, data scientists, and analysts as a cohesive product team that takes ideas from inception → initial launch → iterations to land the product
- Partner with marketing, customer support, operations, and sales to find the best ways to support product launches
- Establish success metrics, be outcome driven, test and measure everything, take ownership of the results, track critical metrics and use them to drive decision-making about what's next
- You will build entirely new experiences that address the emerging needs of Upwork’s largest and most demanding customers
- Experience working as a growth product manager in a fast-paced environment
- Having an Explorer mindset that can identify opportunities and can execute well
- Experience crafting a product strategy and vision then turning that into an agile product roadmap
- Experience with building a roadmap, breaking it into experiments for testing hypotheses and working to execute with cross-functional teams
- Experience in a highly collaborative and agile process with a cross-functional product development team
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with customers, peers, colleagues, and executives. You can succinctly articulate goals, progress, and priorities in written, verbal, and presentation formats
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.