Lead Product Manager, Asset Funding at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Capital is the lifeblood of Affirm! Without consistent access to liquidity to fund our rapidly growing loan portfolio, Affirm simply wouldn’t function. And as Affirm continues to scale, it’s critical for the company to scale its funding capacity to support the growing billions of dollars in loans that Affirm underwrites every year.
That’s where Capital Product comes in. The Capital Product team is responsible for conceiving, designing, and building the next generation of tools, systems, and processes required to scale Affirm’s intricate Capital operations.
We’re looking for an outstanding product manager who is not bound to the existing paradigms of traditional banks. You’ll drive innovative solutions while partnering with diverse internal team members across capital markets, treasury, and quantitative markets. You are comfortable working with designers and engineers in a technology driven agile environment. And most of all, you are motivated by a desire to reimagine how a financial services company should operate, supporting Affirm’s mission to deliver honest financial products that improve lives.What You'll Do
- Establish yourself as a critical trusted partner of our internal Capital teams, i.e., your core users
- Become recognized as a domain expert in the subject matter and workflows that drive Affirm's Capital operations
- Define and drive product strategy for your product area in collaboration with the head of capital product, your capital product peers, and company executives
- Define new products and features with specs, wireframes, and product flows
- Collaborate across functions – including engineering, design, capital, legal, compliance, and others – to successfully launch and scale internal products
- Collaborate across product teams to support broad initiatives that work with Affirm’s Capital platform (e.g., international expansion, large merchant integrations such as Shopify and Amazon, and new product verticals/ expansion)
- Analyze the impact of product features and define metrics for success
- Optimize user flows and process using controlled experiments and user testing
- 6+ years of product management experience, preferably at a FinTech company
- Passion and drive to change consumer finance for the better
- Prior product or relevant experience in finance or debt capital markets a big plus
- Experience designing products for internal and external facing partners with hard SLAs
- Track record of successfully launching and growing software products and services
- Clear and compelling in written and verbal communication, with experience crafting specs and designs around user stories, and a talent for precise articulations of optimized processes and workflows
- Deeply action oriented, with an eagerness to extend beyond one’s comfort zone to learn new skills, acquire new information, execute with excellence, and inspire excellence in others
- Obsesses over getting the details right but knows how to ship on time
- Driven to question assumptions and validate hypotheses
- Familiarity with Snowflake (SQL) and GSuite for product analysis
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.