Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
At Affirm, we’re reinventing consumer finance for the better. That goal infuses every part of what we do, from the moment a user sees Affirm for the first time all the way through to their final payment. As Affirm grows, we are diversifying our financial product portfolio and providing more ways for customers to interact with Affirm. As the Product Lead for our Fraud, Trust and Safety, Membership and Identity teams, you’ll focus on developing a single view of each customer and the various products and services they use. As an individual contributor, you’ll build features and platforms that make it seamless and easy for customers to deepen their engagement with Affirm, feeding into a holistic member journey.
You’ll be a passionate voice for the user for the Trust and Safety org, and you’ll bring that perspective to the entire product organization (and the rest of the company). You need to be data driven, and quantitative but you’ll also have the intuition and courage to know how to move ahead when numbers don’t tell the whole story. Most importantly, you’ll bring deep customer empathy, balanced with a laser focus on delivering the right functionality to serve those needs.What You'll Do
- You’ll own the fraud, authentication, identity and membership roadmaps, collaborating with key stakeholders to set long term objectives, KPIs and closely track progress against the team’s goals.
- Collaborate with product teams to scale our identity and membership platforms to meet the needs of new products, partnership and unlock new distribution channels.
- Build configurable systems and platforms that allow us to identify users seamlessly with minimal friction, and at the same time increase account security
- Innovate on our tooling systems to fight fraud and unlock new loan volume
- You'll collaborate with Fraud Risk, Machine Learning, Customer Operations, Engineering, and our product teams to keep our users and merchants safe.
- This is a critical and highly strategic role on the Foundations product team.
- 5+ years of PM experience
- Plus if you’ve built products within trust and safety, fraud, identity or payments
- Proven track record of leadership and collaboration
- Passion and drive to change consumer finance for the better
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems, and an ability to manage large cross functional teams
- Excellent critical thinking skills and a proven ability to solve challenging problems
- Experience managing technical software products from kick-off to post-launch
- A get-things-done attitude to make your product and team successful
- The ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- An obsession for getting the details right, but also knowing how to ship on time
- A drive to question assumptions and validate hypotheses
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.