Marketing Operations and Technology Manager at West Monroe (Chicago, IL)
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
You: are passionate about the details that enable effective marketing. You’re a detail oriented and organized person who thrives while sorting through data and surfacing new insights. You recognize that a good idea, technology, and great marketing are a perfect match.
We: are a highly motivated, fast-paced team amid a rapidly growing firm of business, technology, and industry leaders. We need a true operations and martech enthusiast who can serve as a liaison between marketing and other key areas like finance and IT to bring our go to market strategy to life.
Together: we will execute West Monroe’s strategic vision. In the end, we will increase our influence in the market, and with our clients and prospects.
West Monroe is looking for a Marketing Operations and Technology manager to join our growing team. This individual will work closely with members of the Marketing, Business Development, Finance, and Information & Collaboration Technology (ICT) teams to bring West Monroe’s strategic vision to life. They will manage marketing team operations with ultimate ownership over executive-level marketing reporting and insights, marketing project management governance, and marketing budget management, as well as ownership of the marketing technology stack from inception to execution – think developing business requirements, partnering with ICT on delivery, and rolling out changes to end users with successful adoption through effective change management. This individual will also own the marketing technology roadmap, including the research and recommendation of new marketing technologies. Salesforce, Pardot, DiscoverOrg, Google Analytics, and Google Adwords are some of the primary technologies we use today, but we expect this list to grow and change based on business needs and the emergence of new technologies.
We are looking for someone that brings passion and new ideas to the table, understands the value of ROI and how to measure the impact of marketing, and is a strategic business partner willing to work across all levels and teams to achieve goals. Someone who possesses a strong attention to detail, enjoys hands-on engagement, and has a successful track record of collaborating to deliver on an organization’s vision.
- Collaborate with marketing team members to surface key insights about the ROI of the marketing function via quarterly executive reporting, drawing year over year trends
- Lead monthly pipeline reporting process, harmonizing monthly analysis performed by members of the finance, strategic growth, client success, and marketing functions
- Engage with the marketing function to improve team operations and processes, including but not limited to project management governance, operational reporting, etc.
- Manage marketing budget, comparing monthly actuals against planned spend and providing reforecasts
- Identify new and manage existing business development and marketing tools (Salesforce, Pardot, DiscoverOrg, etc.), serving as the administrator of most marketing technologies
- Partner with end users and executive leadership (CMO and Director of Business Development) to uncover new business needs, identify enhancements, manage requirements, communicate with stakeholders, and ultimately deliver enhancements with appropriate change management and communication
- Partner with ICT to help the team deliver on sprint goals related to marketing and business development by removing impediments and escalating issues to management and stakeholders as necessary
- Train marketing and business development team members to use the tools in our martech stack, (training materials, in-person trainings, etc.) to ensure successful adoption of new and changes to existing technologies
- Monitor data quality within marketing technology products and forge path for continuous improvement
Skills & Abilities:
- Martech guru. Is passionate about marketing technology and has knowledge of the latest trends in the business development and marketing domain including harnessing the power of Salesforce and Pardot.
- Strong data analysis. Can analyze data and pick out trends and key insights to help marketing leaders make quicker and better decisions.
- Organized. Uses best-in-class project and change management techniques to ensure value is delivered and commitments are achieved within time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Adaptable and nimble. Can create structure around ambiguous assignments and manage complexity in terms of the work and stakeholders to deliver results under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Consensus builder, facilitator, and collaborator. Uses stakeholder engagement techniques to influence broad group of stakeholders and senior leaders, facilitating successful meetings and trainings
- Employs design thinking and hypothesis-driven development techniques to promote innovation.
- Relationship builder and killer communicator. Has strong emotional intelligence and written and verbal communications skills, including superior editing, writing, and critical reasoning skills, as well as ability to speak in front of large audiences with confidence.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements:
- 5-7+ years of experience managing team operations as well as business development and marketing tools (like Salesforce)
- Competency in Salesforce is required. Pardot experience is preferred.
- MBA, BA, or similar degree in business or marketing
- Experience in consulting/ professional services industry is preferred
- Experience working as part of an agile/ scrum team is preferred
Think you've got what it takes? Join our team and make us better.
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.