Office Network Product Delivery Manager at McDonald's Global Technology (Chicago, IL)
McDonald's new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts, we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald's will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this revolution is McDonald's Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It's bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McDonald's restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we're gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We'll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale.
This opportunity is part of the Global Technology Infrastructure & Operations team (GTIO), where our mission is to deliver modern and relevant technology that supports the way McDonald's works. We provide best-in-class foundational technology products and services including Global Networking, Cloud, End User Computing, and IT Service Management. It's our goal to always provide an engaging, relevant, and simple experience for our customers.
Reporting to the Office Network Product Director and working closely with the entire GTIO team, our global markets and partners, the Office Network Product Delivery Manager (Americas) will manage all delivery aspects of the Office Network Product to US corporate offices and US and Canadian market offices. Responsible for ensuring a quality, reliable, best-in-class product is successfully delivered to our markets.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Product Manager to help shape and delivery of network products and services to the entire McDonald's environment.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Delivery lead of the Office Network Product to US corporate offices and US and Canadian market offices, comprised of several Network Platforms, including: SD-WAN, MPLS, Internet, Fiber Ring, Fiber Cross connect, Site-to-Site VPN, SDA, LAN and WLAN (Cisco and Meraki).
- Drive Product adoption as the focal point for customer engagement and deployment roadmap planning
- Facilitate the deployment of the Product to internal customer's new sites through managed service providers
- Deliver operational excellence and continual service improvement of the Product through:
- Intake and change review, planning and approval
- Major Incident representation and partner guidance to reduce business impact of P1 incidents, managing stakeholder expectations
- Incident retrospective and Problem Management
- Partner management to drive reductions in MTTR and incident counts
- Seek network platform integration and automation opportunities, supporting the Office Network Platform Manager and Office Network Architect with customer feedback and operational insights
- Manage product backlog, lead sprint deliveries and facilitate Agile/Scrum ceremonies.
- Facilitate customer feedback and drive customer satisfaction improvement
- Financial management of timely and accurate customer chargebacks
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Strong analytical skills to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources.
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations and resolve conflict.
- Ability to manage vendors/partners and drive results.
- Ability to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for elicitation.
- Superb communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to convey complex ideas in easy-to-understand business friendly language.
- Ability to understand business challenges, drive process improvements and translate into solutions.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional relationship management skills and the ability to build and grow connections with people of all types and backgrounds from all over the world.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including the ability to influence multiple parties towards common goals.
- Highly collaborative along with independent critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to keep many engagements active at once
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to navigate uncertainty.
- Naturally elevates others and creates a culture of belonging through engaging high-performing teams.
- 5+ years' experience in a Network Service Delivery/Product Manager role gained in multi-cultural, large global organizations
- 5+ years' experience deploying, supporting and managing core enterprise networks in the following technical network background areas: Cisco Routing & Switching, Cisco Viptela SD-WAN, ISE, VPN, MPLS, Internet, Cisco on-premise LAN & WLAN, Meraki LAN & WLAN
- 3+ years of experience working and collaboration in globally dispersed team.
- 2+ years of experience managing and developing direct reports, including goals and performance conversations.
- Experienced with observability and monitoring tools: SolarWinds, Live Action, etc.
- Experience working within an Agile environment with a Scrum Master, Daily Scrum meetings, Backlogs, Sprints and written Stories and deliverables. Familiar with documentation process and tools, JIRA and Confluence preferred.
- Strong experience in overall Infrastructure and Operations including (Network, Service Management, Engineering).
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science/Engineering/Technology or equivalent experience.
- CCNP/CCDP certification, or equivalent, preferred.
- ITIL certification required.
- Scrum PAL-E and/or PSPO certification are advantageous.
- Experience with automation tools and platforms is desired, Ansible preferred.
- Experience with Dev/Ops and CI/CD pipeline tools and processes is desired.
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.