Packaging Development Project Engineer at HAVI
HAVI is a privately held global company that innovates, optimizes and drives the supply chains and marketing promotions of many of the best known brands in the world. When you work at HAVI, you have a chance to make your mark – to be a part of work that drives value, brings a smile and keeps everyday life moving forward. Which means it’s not the size of our global footprint, but rather your personal fingerprint, that has the power to make a real difference for our customers… and to touch the lives of people both at home and around the world.
The Packaging Development Project Engineer will provide packaging development project support by developing, testing and implementing innovative, sustainable, and optimized for cost solutions for new and existing HAVI clients. Additional responsibilities:
- Provide packaging development support for HAVI customers that include innovation, sustainability, risk management, and cost benits.
- Interface with suppliers, internal account management and strategic sourcing teams, and various customers (operations, culinary, supply chain, and marketing) to identify customer needs and solve complex problems.
- Coordinate packaging testing at supplier and customer facilities (test kitchens, in-store testing, and third-party test labs).
- Formalize test reports to validate and promote new innovative, sustainability, and/or cost savings concepts.
- Proactively research the customers’ competitive sets to support the development of a long-term packaging strategy.
- Assist in directing supplier resources in support of program goals andexecuting commercialization plans to ensure the product meets customer requirements.
- Develop and maintain packaging specifications related to new and existing customers’ programs.
- Provide support and general process documentation for general packaging development requirements.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business discipline or Packaging Technology/Engineering or equivalent experience
3 years in packaging technology and/or business/packaging strategy development
Technical competency in the fundamentals of packaging science including knowledge of substrates, structural design, manufacturing processes and testing protocols
Experience connecting abstract thoughts and ideas and materializing them into actionable directions
Experience in project managment tasks of scoping and managing project timelines
Experience with multi-functional teams including supporting the need to execute against formal objectives and business plans
Excellent communication and facilitation skills
High level of collaboration and teamwork
- Analytical approach to problem solving and decision making
Our total rewards philosophy integrates programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, corporate culture, corporate citizenship and work-life balance. While individual program components may differ by country, some things remain constant:
…our commitment to rewarding results
…the opportunity to work with talented and driven individuals at every level of our company who respect each other, treat each other fairly and hold one another accountable for our customers’—and our company’s success