Principal Product Manager, Platform Security (Authentication) at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
You will report to: Director, Platform Security
Are you passionate about product management when it comes to delivering great outcomes for your customers? Do you sweat the details and excel in a creative environment?
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our Platform Security team. This is an opportunity to shape the features and experiences that make up our next-generation security enhancements and product offerings. Your technical experience, customer empathy and experience in software security will help you excel as an individual contributor as you work with engineering teams to focus on built-in platform functionality, helping ensure that our customers and partners can trust ServiceNow to keep their information secure.
What you get to do in this role
- Work with product management, engineering, and design teams to form our product vision, strategy, and road-map, determine new experiences, and enhance existing functionality
- Establish and prioritize a data-driven backlog of work including feature and quality improvement epics and user stories
- Be the voice of the customer when evaluating daily development decisions
- Consult with Product Marketing to produce go-to-market materials
- Work with Documentation, Training, Support, and Professional Services to assure smooth uptake of new releases.
- 7+ years experience as a Product Manager, Product Owner or Technical Product Analyst in a commercial software product company
- 3+ years experience with one of the following areas: audit and monitoring, encryption, key management, authentication or authorization and access controls concepts and technologies
- Working knowledge of common compliance security regulations and standards such as NIST Cybersecurity Framework, EU Cybersecurity Act, GDPR, FedRAMP or PCI
- Adopt new technical concepts quickly
- Make decisions between practical and desirable, which requires a good sense of what is technically possible
- The discipline to focus on high impact activities (i.e., being good at saying "no" or "not now")
- Comfortable delivering product presentations to large audiences
- Must enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager on enterprise Platform as a Service or Software as a Service offerings
- Financial Services security experience
- Scrum Master or Scrum Product Owner certification
- Familiarity with the Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies (COBIT 2019)
- CISSP, CompTIA Security+, OSCP, and GSEC: SANS GIAC Security Essentials certification is helpful.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work PersonasWork personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in OfficeA required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
FlexibleA flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
RemoteA remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.