Principal Product Manager at ServiceNow
Job Title: Principal Product Manager, Platform
Primary locations: Chicago (IL), San Diego (CA)
Secondary locations: Remote, Santa Clara (CA), San Francisco (CA), Hyderabad, India
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere.
To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for drivers—people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet, and we want to hire people who have their best work ahead of them, not behind them. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in to stand out.
Come join the Platform Developer Experience (DevX) product team and work with a talented group of PMs, engineers, designers and researchers. Platform success is measured in two forms: First as the underlying set of technologies that power the ServiceNow suite of applications, and second, as a development platform to quickly, simply, and intuitively enable custom applications.
With the Now Platform, developers of all skill levels can quickly build modern applications using low-code and no-code tools that unlock business value for their organizations. Within the DevX product team, we make it our priority to deliver an exceptional developer experience for our customers and partners as they build and extend apps on our platform.
Your mission will be to deliver the next generation of templates to power the low-code development experience on the Now Platform, making app development accessible for builders of all skill levels. This role is extraordinarily collaborative, working with peer inbound and outbound product managers, customers, engineers, designers, researchers, and other cross functional teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Define and deliver templates that provide direct customer value by speeding up E2E app creation.
- Drive product vision and strategy that delights our developer community and helps us stand out in the marketplace
- Collaborate with customers, researchers, and designers on developing and testing innovative product ideas
- Own product feature-based competitive analysis
- Engage stakeholders on necessary inputs for product strategy & roadmap, get buy-in, manage communications, expectations and dependencies
- Serve as a product owner on the scrum team(s) and work with engineers, designers and UX Research to deliver a quality product on time
- Establish and maintain relationships with other business units to evaluate and manage cross-BU dependencies (both from and to the BU and for features and mandates)
- Create product/feature plans for each release, including acceptance criteria, use cases, and success metrics
- Create base documentation (content, features, and delta docs) and enable Outbound PM, support, training and docs team
- Help with press and analyst briefings as needed
- Define key product success metrics and ensure they are instrumented & reviewed
- Understand how customers are using the product, gains & pains, reasons for low usage
- Know top 3-5 customers intimately, their specific use cases, gains & pains
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Knowledge of the core tenets of application development
- Collaborative and effective within the company culture. Ability to pivot quickly and positively based on feedback, and time/technical/design limitations.
- Ability to work with a global team in multiple time zones
- Strategic mindset: able to drive product strategy that achieves strong customer value and business outcomes; able to make trade-off decisions considering what’s desirable, viable and technically feasible
- Technically savvy with experience working with developers and designers to craft delightful customer experiences
- Strong prioritization, decision, and recommendation skills and the discipline to focus on high impact activities
- Top notch written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills and a proven process of data-validated, hypothesis-driven, experiment-tested decisions
- A track record of productive collaboration with engineers, designers, and other product managers and enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment
- Experience creating business productivity or workflow improvement applications.
- Deep understanding of application development principles and developer tools
- Existing product management experience
- Ability to oversee UX design activities
- UX research / customer interview skills
- Technical background
- Experience working with ServiceNow
- Familiarity with Platforms like force.com, Microsoft PowerApps, SAP, Intuit, Appian, Pega or others
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.