Chowbus is a fast growing, well-funded food startup headquartered here in Chicago on a mission to help diners to discover new and exquisite dishes, and to give traditional mom and pop restaurants a fighting chance to succeed without compromising who they truly are. By building a super app, our goal is to be the one stop shop for everything related to food.
At Chowbus, a Product Manager is effectively the CEO of their area, working with designers, developers and senior management to invent new features and experiences, delight our users and support the business growth.The Principal Technical Product Manager role is both technical and business facing and the successful candidate should be analytical, creative and result-driven. You will own the vision and strategy of our core platform, dive deep into the technical and functional requirements, connect engineering and non-technical teams and drive alignment and results.
- Develop and champion for the product vision and roadmap of our core platform capabilities based on business and technology vision, user research, data analysis and in collaboration with product leaders and leaders in various departments.
- Create detailed technical requirements and drive innovative, high-quality, and robust solutions to support business process optimization and technical platform scaling to support the growth of the business.
- Unblock and empower the engineering team as they deliver results.
- Define and measure effectiveness of new features and improvements.
- Mentor members of the product and engineering team.
- Serve as an SME of multiple functional areas, and document and visualize workflows and solutions.
- Influence the business strategy and operations with product insights and a strong cross-functional partnership.
- Ensure clear communication and coordination across partners.
We are excited if you...
- Have a degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field; an MBA or Master’s degree in technology or business related fields would be a plus.
- Have a minimum of 8 years strong technical product experience with a track record of successfully delivering results. Prior experience in software development would be a plus.
- Are proficient in extracting insights from product metrics and making data-driven decisions.
- Have experience with service-oriented architecture and object-oriented design.
- Have strong organizational skills and influence across various departments.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and bias toward action.
- Have a strong empathy and deep understanding in customers’ frame of mind.
- Have demonstrated the capability to translate complex business and product goals into clearly understandable product specifications.
- Learn by quickly testing out new hypotheses.
- Have experience in achieving consistent results in an environment with team members in distributed locations.
Chowbus is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.