Product Analyst at Affinitiv (Remote)
Join our award-winning A-Team!
Ready to produce exceptional results with exceptional people? Get in touch, we would love to get to know you.
Affinitiv is the largest provider of end-to-end, data-driven marketing and software solutions exclusively focused on the automotive customer lifecycle. Backed by 20+ years of automotive and marketing expertise, we pride ourselves on being the go-to experts in the industry. Not only do we work with over 6,500 dealerships and every major manufacturer in the country, we’re well-versed in OEM standards and the intricacies of a dealership or group’s local business.
Our Product Analysts are important business partners between our engineering organization and our business objectives. As a Product Analyst you will serve as a liaison between your development team, the Product Owner(s) that you align with, and the Product Director to gather, document, and write software business requirements for the application as well as function as your team's Scrum Master to help guide them through the Scrum process framework. Product Analyst will work hand in hand with the Product Owner to execute on the vision that is laid out by the Product Director.
- As Scrum Master for your team, help foster Scrum values and coach the team through the various Scrum Events.
- Ensure that Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective take place.
- Receive business requirements from the Product Director and refine them within the context of our software so that they are usable by the development team for creating new increments of software. Usually this means translating language from the Epic so that the engineers and QA have a clear, concise task to work on that is in the context of the Loop system and does not have any vague language.
- Work with the sprint team to triage the Epic from the PD, break into individual implementation cases, and get estimates on those cases.
- Meet regularly with the Product Owner and Product Director to plan iterations.
- Heavy focus on execution of vision aligned with planned strategic areas of product investment.
- Document software implemented by development team in Confluence for future reference by the development team and other internal departments.
- In practice, this means every new feature (or bug that ends up changing functionality) will have a Confluence document link to the relevant documentation for that feature.
- Function as a Subject Matter Expert for your product to help bridge the gap between business users and the development team.
- Fill in the Release Notes field for all cases. Since the PA is working closest with the new feature, they will know the important details to include in the note for the training department to focus on in the Product Release Notes document.
- Report on common sources of technical issues or questions and make recommendations to Product Director on ways to improve the product.
- Navigate, and traverse the software development life cycle through engagement with the engineering teams and processes
- Monitor and build new dashboards and capacity/velocity expectations
- Monitor engineering availability.
- Ensure plans include QA automation and regression planning
- Engage in the scheduling of hotfixes and redeploys, when necessary
- Stay involved in ongoing refinement of requirements
- Constantly evaluate ways to improve monitoring, discover issues and deliver better value to the customer.
- Exceptional verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional writing skills demonstrated by delivering clear and correct communication.
- No programming experience required but should have at least an intermediate understanding of software development concepts.
- Ability to analyze complex data or system issues to provide actionable recommendations.
- Ability to identify, develop and document requirements that clearly support and communicate needs to stakeholders, developers, and supporting teams.
- Detail oriented with excellent time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot data inaccuracies, identify root causes and help recommend corrective action.
- Prior Scrum experience and certifications strongly preferred
- Prior Jira/Confluence experience preferred
Work from Here
At Affinitiv, we have the best of both worlds. Our team members have embraced remote work and our Work from Here program allows for remote working and the utmost flexibility while keeping in person collaborating thriving in a safe work environment. Our Work from Here approach gives team members a choice to work on campus or remote, leaders can hold in person or virtual team meetings to collaborate and cultivate relationships.
Affinitiv knows you have interests outside of work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and 401K effective day 1 just to name a few. We also offer generous PTO so you can enjoy off time with family and friends.
At Affinitiv, we celebrate diversity, equality, and an inclusive environment.
Affinitiv is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are extended to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business needs. Affinitiv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.