Root is searching for a passionate leader to manage our Product Analytics team, focusing on Conversion. You’ll leverage your experience conducting analytical research to directly manage and mentor a growing team of analysts. Successful candidates will demonstrate an ability to design and implement processes to enhance efficiency and ensure scalability. This team is highly collaborative, so clear communication, organization, and the ability to lead and persuade a cross-functional group is critical. Our mission is to generate actionable insights and ultimately, provide business recommendations, so strategic thinkers with strong business acumen are preferred.
What You'll Be Doing.
- Collaborate with product owners, designers, engineers, and data scientists to identify and execute strategies to maximize our customer conversion
- Synthesize clear scopes of work to appropriately quantify the impacts of newly proposed, or recently shipped, product features (metrics, methodology, deliverables, deadlines)
- Represent analytics in various cross-functional meetings with senior leaders
- Oversee the design and execution of AB tests
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of the team
- Regularly communicate with stakeholders to provide business recommendations, and support/defend methodology and findings
- Mentor analysts to develop both their technical skills (SQL, python/R, statistics, AB testing, research) and soft skills (communication, presentation, collaboration)
- Design and implement new processes to enhance the efficiency of the analytics team
- Own the monitoring of conversion KPIs and socialize findings and recommendations with leadership
- Responsible for hiring, onboarding, performance reviews, terminations, etc
What We're Looking For.
- 5+ years of analytics experience (conversion or insurance analytics preferred)
- 1+ years managing a team preferred
- Clear and confident communication
- Ability to work cross-functionally and manage stakeholder requests and expectationsSuperior critical and strategic thinking, problem-solving skills, and business acumen
- Proficiency with SQL required; Experience with R/Python/Tableau preferred
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. Very few (if any!) people will fit every description; so if you are passionate about what this role entails, and are excited by solving real problems, we encourage you to apply; we want to learn about you, and what you can add to our team!
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
We’re a venture-backed technology company. Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us