Product Designer at PEAK6
We are PEAK6, a leading investment firm. You'll find us headquartered in the historic Chicago Board of Trade building, where we first opened our doors in 1997. Over 20 years ago, we were among the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. Today, we continue to leverage our technical ingenuity and operational excellence across several investment areas, spanning early-to-mid stage growth capital, operational control, trading and esports. Throughout the years, we've built and operated several financial technology firms and we continue to evolve.
PEAK6 was brought to life by the idea that a strong collaborative process drives success. The passion for that idea powers our firm still, 23 years later. As a Product Designer at PEAK6, you will be integral to building and improving the firm’s design strategy by collaborating with all groups at PEAK6 to advance the firm’s position as an innovative leader in the industry. Working at PEAK6 means that you will be presented with a variety of new possibilities as you continue to enhance your skills.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Working with the Product and Engineering teams to build a powerful and interesting user centered designs for application experiences and reusable systems
- Translating plans into wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Communicating through sketches, wireframes, and prototypes to understandable and actionable high-fidelity designs and design systems
- Developing and presenting flows for user experiences across a variety of new components, apps, and platforms
- Conducting research to inform the overall viability of a new product idea as well as to inform design and user experience approach
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- 2+ years in user experience and/or product design (internship experience counts)
- Experience in designing flows for data-rich workflows
- Experience with expert systems and data-dense software
- A portfolio which demonstrates strong conceptual skills with a diverse range of visual styles
- Ability to work with internal teams to understand agile requirements and design complete user experiences that meet user needs.
- Experience in using design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of responsive design as it related to applications and systems.
All of our team members have these traits. You should, too.
*Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, PEAK6 has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.