Product Designer at cohesion
Cohesion is a leading Intelligent Buildings software solution that is disrupting how buildings operate and how people engage with buildings – from real estate owners/investors, operators, building engineers, to tenants and visitors. Our cutting-edge converged IoT-enabled platform brings together building systems, building software, and business applications into a single portal for on web and mobile platforms to forge the path to autonomous buildings.
We are looking for a Product Designer to join our growing team. This role will report to the VP of Product alongside product managers and data scientists. The Product Designer is responsible for translating Cohesion’s product vision and strategy into a user experience that delights customers. The right candidate will enjoy applying the full lifecycle of design-thinking to novel problems in the commercial real estate space, as well as collaborating closely with product management and engineering teams to bring designs to life.
What you’ll do
- Own the end-to-end product design for several areas of our software and IoT platform
- Collaborate with fellow designers, product managers, and engineering leads to define valuable problems and solve them with intuitive, engaging, and modern design
- Talk with customers regularly to understand their journey and motivations
- Lead internal discussions to share learnings and hone solution spaces to align with business goals
- Create wireframes and simple prototypes to verify usability and delivered value
- Create high-fidelity interface designs for iOS, Android, and responsive web platforms
- 3+ years of experience designing web and mobile experiences
- Proficiency with Adobe XD, Sketch, Figma, or similar design tool
- Creative problem-solving skills and comfort with breaking down complex problems
- Desire to create designs in an iterative fashion that maximizes user feedback and speed to market
- Capable of being a self-starter as well as a reliable team player
- Desire to learn, grow, and improve skills through doing and knowledge-seeking
- Conducts business and relationships in an open, honest fashion and with the highest personal integrity, treating all coworkers, clients, partners, and stakeholders respectfully
- Early stage startup experience
- Proficiency and comfort with running user research without assistance
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS3
- Relevant degree/certifications in design, art, or user experience
What you can expect from Cohesion
Cohesion is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to eligible, full-time employees in the United States. Our benefits are designed to invest in our employees— and their family’s —well-being, including investments in their health, happiness, and well-being.
- Receiving a competitive compensation package, including bonus, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401k match
- Receiving a monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Comprehensive wellness reimbursement program (eligible after 6 months of employment)
- Enjoying a responsible unlimited PTO program to help employees maintain work-life balance
- 2-way flexibility of work schedules
- Dressing for your day
- Enjoying family leave benefits
- Temporary transit benefits
At Cohesion, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse thought and practice. Individuals seeking employment at Cohesion are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.