Product Director at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
As a Product Director for the Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Pipeline at Tempus, you’ll be on the front lines of our battle to develop and deliver cutting-edge, modern technology into the hands of clinicians. The software we’re developing is the culmination of input from scientists, operations teams, pathologists, and engineers. We’re expanding the team of product leaders who bring those inputs together to design, scope, and build solutions to some of the toughest problems in cancer care.
What You'll Do:
- Run a large team of high performing Senior Product Managers and Product Managers
- Coordinate large scale and highly visible projects with your teams
- Help to set the foundation of Product Management at Tempus, working on the “how” of Product Management and continually iterating as we go
- Own stakeholder communication and management across the org around roadmap and delivery timelines for your products
- Work with data-focused PMs to build the analytics we want to focus on at Tempus for our core product areas
- Work with developers, scientists, and operations teams to deliver product releases that are stable in production and satisfy scalability, reliability, and performance goals
- Conduct deep product analysis and use the data to guide the short- and long-term roadmap for the team
- 8-10 years of technical experience building/managing software in the tech or biotech industry.
- 3+ years experience managing a team of product managers
- Extensive experience driving strategic product and engineering initiatives in tech or biotech
- Experience working with agile software development teams
- A history of building and using product analytics to drive decisions
- Ability and interest to quickly ramp up on new concepts in the fields of genomics and oncology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to act as a translator among diverse teams of biologists, medical professionals, engineers, operators, and data scientists.
- M.D. or PhD in a relevant discipline (biomedical engineering, biology, engineering, etc) is a big plus.